voda host please help buddy (publishing prob)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hroytne
    Corporal

• Mar 2007

voda host please help buddy (publishing prob)

this was my post before...

"hi my name is sumant..
    i am new to bluevoda... i have signed up about three days ago. i have rugistered my domain name ..which is www.professionalcleaners.ca
    i have watched all the tutorials and i have named my home page "index.bvp" in lower case. i have used the correct ip address username and password that was provided by bluevoda welcome email. moreover when i published my idex.bvp page it said it have published successfuly. so i went on explorer to check if it is online and i type in my url www.professionalcleaners.ca but it says page can not be desplayed ... i tried everythign four time and published it again and again and i have also hit f5 manytimes but its the same thing.
    some one plz help me ...thanks for you time"

then u replied after that i contected cira guys and they sent me their registration eamil i registered with them and after everything was ok i tried publishing again with the same method. and i waited about two hours after i published my page and when i go to internet and try viewing my page online it says the samething again "the page canb not be displayed"

i dont know whats going on
    i would really appriciate your help

thanks .
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: voda host please help buddy (publishing prob)

Hi, you publish your page as

index

only with nothing added. BV will add any extensions like .html automatically.

Good luck
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• hroytne
      Corporal

• Mar 2007

thanks buddy it wasnt the problem but i got it solved thanks fro the reply still

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Glad to see you have this sorted ... but I notice, you still have a link with the .bvp file into it ...

It is the about us page ... the link is still there and it contains .bvp ... that won't ever work ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• hroytne
          Corporal

• Mar 2007

ya thanks a lot ladyeye for ur reply and concern i am still working on my links . that was just before i did anything i was trying out some crezzy stuff i knw it doesnt work and now i m gonna work on all thoes link and stuff since the basic publication is doen which was more important rest i think i mean i hope i ll figure it out threw online tutorials
          thanks again for ur time ...keep in tuch tho i might need ur help again soon sometimes haha
          take care

Comment

• TrickyRick
            First Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Hroytne,

I like your site but the page width was a problem for me, had to scroll off to the right to see everything. I had a similar problem inititially but with the help of others here on BV I was able to correct it. If you right click somewhere on your page in BV and click on "properties" place a check in the box "Center in Browser". You might also want to consider your page width, reducing it a bit. I bet it all shows on a system with the display properties set to 1280 x 1024 but if anyone is running less they will have to scroll right to view it all.

Also, you might want to consider launching the map to your location in a new browser window. I believe the way you do this is when you insert your Hyperlink, from the HyperLink window, find the field labeled "Target" click on the down arrow to the right of it and select "_blank". That should do it.

Keep up the great work!
            It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
            P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

http://www.deepsouthrides.com

Comment

• hroytne
              Corporal

• Mar 2007

hey tricky rick thanks a lot for the idea i was wondering about it coz i figured its not good for a viewer to scroll right to see the home page .. i really appriciate it thanks a lot budd.
              i ll do the changes right away
              thanks.

Comment

• Dorothy
                Master Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Just took a look at your site. There is simple elegance there. Not complicated. On target. Easy to read. And you're new? Impressive. I've no expertise of any kind but I do know what I like when I see it and I like your site. I'm told that the tweaking never stops so don't get discouraged.
                This is Dorothy with
                http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

Working...
                X