Nav buttons getting mixed up btwn pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nav buttons getting mixed up btwn pages

Hi, I have a rather strange problem. When designing web pages for my clients, I use my my main VH-hosted website, jhwm.net, to show one or more pages I want to a client to comment on (I e-mail the client a link to these pages, but do not put a link to them on my site). Now here's the problem:

Today I posted a new page for a client at www.jhwm.net/aboutpsi.html. Later I visited my jhwm home page and found that some of the nav buttons (on the L-hand side) there had been replaced by some of the nav buttons from the aboutpsi page.

So I re-published my jhwm home page, and it looks fine . . . but now I have the opposite problem: Some of the buttons on aboutpsi have been replaced by buttons from jhwm. Have you heard of this problem--is there a solution? Thanks.

Re: Nav buttons getting mixed up btwn pages

To keep search engines from picking up pages that are not relevant and to keep files organized it would be best to add a "test" folder to your public_html file.
    Your publishing info would be public_html/test

The link would be www.youresitename.com/test/whatever.html
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Thanks, Terry, sounds like a good suggestion. Besides keeping the SE's from picking up my test pages, do you think it will also solve the problem of the mixed-up nav buttons?

Comment

It should.......but delete the old pages, buttons, images, whatever from your server that have anything to do with the non relevant pages.
        That's why a test folder works well. You can delete everyting at once without worrying about it.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

I agree with Terry. Especially if you are using the same nav buttons on this test site as you are for your website, the nav is going to be the last published one. The same thing happens for pictures that are saved with the same names, that's why all pictures have to have their own identities or you will have pictures in places they don't belong.

I design websites too and this feature has worked wonders for me. Take a look at Navaldesign's Single Menu page with bv and php. basically, you have one menu page and it inserts that menu on all of your pages on your website, instead of having to put them in everytime you design a page...adds some uniformity. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X