Image location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image location?

Domain name rotatemachining This was submitted to BV about an hour ago so may not show up yet.

Hello, This is my first request for assistance. If I do not do this correctly, then please advise (gently!)
    I currently have images (photos) on my C drive in various folders and albums. Do I need to transfer those that will be used on my website into the BV 'Image File"?or may they continue residence in the existing locations. The same question applies to "text files" that will be accessed for inclusion in the website from a drop down button.

I am using images from my C drive currently on my web site construction and they work just fine when I preview in browser.

I trust i have made myself clear.

Thanks
    lodgepole
    Ron

Re: Image location?

Images will be copied into the BV folder when you insert them into your pages, so no worries there.

You'd need to be more specific on the "text files". What type of files are they and how do you plan to implement them? (Dircetly on the page, download, etc)
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I envision a tab beneath an image (caterpillar heavy equip part, for example) that would bring up text to fully describe the part , it's condition, etc. The text would be a word .doc
      lodgepole

Comment

You can't use a Word document in this fashion, you'll need to copy the text into BV.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

You can upload a .doc file to your files using file manager. then you can put a link in your web pages to that .doc file allowing your viewers to download the file.
          Best Regards,
          Alex
          Surveillance Systems
          Restaurant POS | Retail POS
          Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Originally posted by aconstas1
            You can upload a .doc file to your files using file manager. then you can put a link in your web pages to that .doc file allowing your viewers to download the file.
            Irrelevant. Try paying attention to what the poster wants to do before providing advice.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

coffee? lol
              Robert
              www.GraphXntrix.com
              Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Images can be anywhere,, as Race said. However, it is a good practice, that you make your own "myimages" folder, inside your BV folder, and copy all the images there before you insert them in your pages. The reason behind that is that, if you want to backup your site (but not your entire hard drive) all the images will be gathered together. Also, it makes it easier for future reference.

As for the word document:

It is true that you cannot insert a Word document inside a BV page. But it is also true, that if you make the document PDF, and the visitor has Acrobat installed on his computer, you can upload the PDF file and link straight to it. When the visitor clicks on the link (button or text link or image, whatever that is), a new browser window will open with the PDF document in it. Have a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/Italiano...ciaio_ita.html

and click on "Scheda Tecnica" to see what i mean.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am new to the Voda web building also. I have published my pages to the server and everything is working well except the template background does not display. I downloaded a template from the template area, modified it with some test boxes and a couple of images. One of the images will not display and the background image will also not come up. The initial template was M-102 from the sports group and it is just a .gif file. I don't know if I messed it up when I added the text boxes or if I need to do something else to make it display properly. It doesn't work when I preveiw either. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Forgot to mention the site name: www.milehighumpclinic.com

Comment

Never mind the help. I just went to the site and it isn't there anymore. I have to find out what happened to it.

Comment

Ok, the site is back to working again. I think I did something wrong by adding a downloadable add-on. But it is back up now. You should see a template with a maroon border and a baseball in the upper right. You should also see, just below the border, a picture with two umpires making a call separated by the "Presented by the Colorado Collegiate Umpires Association". It is now displaying the small box with the red X in it (this usually indicates that the picture is being blocked or not available). Any help at all will be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                        X