• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • linastein
    Sergeant

• Mar 2007

web page size

hi there folks,
    have a quick question; Iwas working on my site on acomputer with a 600-800px screen resolution ( low) then had a look on someone else's computer that had a higher resolution ,only to discover that the whole layout was totally off; is it better to do the whole thing on a higher resolution or does it adjust automatically ?
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: web page size

Your site should look the same on all broswers - just some will have more space around the website. If you center it in the browser, the space will be even on both sides - if not, it will all be on the right.

Now, if the website looks differently and it's not the extra space, there is a good chance it's because you are using a non web friendly font. That means the other computer pulls up their default font - and your pages will change to accommodate this font.

I suggest you look at the fonts you're using: Common Web Fonts
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• linastein
      Sergeant

• Mar 2007

thanks for your help , got it out there finally ...
      www.linasteinmillinery.com
      look at it if you like some nice hats ,and tell me whay yo think could be improved on,

what fun !!

Comment

• aconstas1
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

did you get your layout/spacing issue figured out? Your site layout should be the same like Beth said but spacing can often vary from browser to browser.
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

• 13tharian
          Private

• Apr 2007

i have a similar question. I am not able to use the space towards the bottom of the layout as its not visible when i am designing the page. The space shows up in my browser. How do i access while i am designing the page?

Comment

• racefan20
            Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by 13tharian
            i have a similar question. I am not able to use the space towards the bottom of the layout as its not visible when i am designing the page. The space shows up in my browser. How do i access while i am designing the page?
            Make the page a little longer in BV by going into page properties and adjusting the height.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• 13tharian
              Private

• Apr 2007

Thank you very much. :)

Comment

Working...
              X