How to create a flash template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a flash template?

How can one create a flash template or website, umm without any HTML knowledge?
    :)

vodafreak

Re: How to create a flash template?

To actually create a flash template you need to have some software that can do this and bluevoda is not one of these. It's ok touse flash templates but not build the templates themselves you need to have something like Flash MX. However voda does have some pre made templates at reasonable prices which you can find here, thus taking all the hard work out of making them.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Thanx, again.

I have flash, my mother is a graphic designer so i have all the cool programs but I dont know how to use HTML thus my problem..

Thanx anyway

Comment

You don't really need much HTML knowledge with flash but if you'd like to learn ome just to headsup look here or here.
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Thanx again..

Ur my hero!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mook25
            To actually create a flash template you need to have some software that can do this and bluevoda is not one of these. It's ok touse flash templates but not build the templates themselves you need to have something like Flash MX. However voda does have some pre made templates at reasonable prices which you can find here, thus taking all the hard work out of making them.
            Hey Mook. I have a friend who now has a vodahost account and see's one of the flashtemplates in bv list that she wants. It costs $69, but doesn't she have to have the software in order to customize it to her needs? The specific one she is looking at is 13529. What would be the easiest way for her to do this. I know absolutely nothing about this and she knows less than I do! lol

Any guideance you can share would be great!
            Cindy
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Bump
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

You can find some free flash templates here:
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
                  Hey Mook. I have a friend who now has a vodahost account and see's one of the flashtemplates in bv list that she wants. It costs $69, but doesn't she have to have the software in order to customize it to her needs? The specific one she is looking at is 13529. What would be the easiest way for her to do this. I know absolutely nothing about this and she knows less than I do! lol

Any guideance you can share would be great!
                  Cindy
                  To actually edit the flash template you would need to have flash editing software as you should receive both an exported .swf version which is the finished product and the raw file which would then be opened within the flash software like flashMX or similar.

Unfortunatly i'm not aware of any other way to edit other than this.

Hope that answers your question Dream lady, any other questions though feel free to ask and i'll try to answer.

Comment

Thanks Mook: So if she buys this template, in order to edit it to fit her site, she needs dreamweaver, FlashMX or something like that. Are these templates just one page or are there several. Is this just like the index page to your site and then you build the rest with bv? Before she spends this money, I just want to see if it's worth her while! As you can tell, I know nothing about how this works. Thanks again. (p.s. I got your email too!)
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

All the pages of a flash site are in effect within on file an not like a standard HTML file.

Dreamweaver will not be sufficient as far as i'm aware, as this is used for the editing of HTML websites and not flash. She will need to use any of the flash programs series.

It can take awhile to get used to making flash sites, I still don't know how myself (I just know the background issues) and you need to do some research on the flash software as even though you may have a flash template you sometimes need to know flash so as to edit. This is because some of the text in the template is created in layers and you need to know how to get to this layers to edit it. Hope that explains it sorry if i went of course a bit there. lol

Let me know if you need any more advice.

Comment

You can view six free video flash tutorials here.

These six video tutorials will at least give you some idea of what is involved.

Watch them a couple of times so as to absorb the new ideas................
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                        Newbies / Beginners Forum
                        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Koolmoves is excellent as it does most of the work apart from designing.
                          www.koolmoves.com.
                          Hope this helps?
                          Alison

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net

Comment

Originally posted by ajlamond
                            Koolmoves is excellent as it does most of the work apart from designing.
                            www.koolmoves.com.
                            Hope this helps?
                            I have to admit that Koolmoves is a very good substitute to Flash and is easier to get to grips with. the best part of all is that it's a lot cheaper than flash. I'd almost forgotten that I've still got it on my pc somewhere. Now where is it??? lol

Comment

Working...
                            X