Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shopping carts again

Hi again!

I posted another question under my original posting and went to see if anyone had replied found the post to be "closed" and didn't see my posting out there either.......strange......thus, another new posting about my shopping cart issues.

I had originally asked if we could use the shopping cart that vodahost offers while we built our site using BV and the reply was yes. But no explanation as to how to do this. I'm very new to all of this and building my site was challenging enough.....now the part that allows people to actually purchase stuff off my website is my next big challenge. I'm using paypal but their shopping cart doesn't meet my needs so now I need to look at what vodahost offers to see if it will meet my needs but I can't find it anywhere, unless I run fantasico but when I do this, it takes away my control panel for bluevoda.

So is there any step by step instructions for adding a shopping cart to my BV website?

Re: shopping carts again

If you use Soho - you'd need to redo all your pages (and I did post this to one of your other threads) - as Soho would then make the product pages. You would basically be using two different builders and tying them together, so to speak.

If you want to continue using BV, you need to look at the shopping cart options that will allow you to do so. Karen and I both gave you some of them. If you can't do what you want with Paypal, take a look at Cart Manager and Mal's Ecommerce. Mal's has a free version, CM does not. With either you could still use paypal to collect your funds or you could get a merchant account.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

arrrrrgh....this is so frustrating......I think those of you who know what you're doing assume those of us who don't, know what you're talking about.

I read your post from before and I understand that if I us soho, I have to rebuild my entire site.....this I don't want to do! thus my question for us BV users. And I have no clue how to "tie together the two" this tells me nothing!

I know there are a lot of BV users out there..........how are you getting your customers to be able to purchase off your site? I really don't want to pay for a shopping cart, I just need the "know hows" in setting one up and how to access the ones that vodahost offers.....why is this so hard to get answered? I need step by step instructions........is there a tutorial set up for integrating a shopping cart into BV?

Comment

If you look at my sites, I'm using BV - and I gave you the link to the shopping cart I'm using above - which is CM. You could also use Mal's E - and I'm sure others.

We all were where you are at one time. We do not assume you know, but I have given you the answers as to available carts - where you add the html to the BV page.

There is not a tutorial for that - as there are so many different types of shopping carts. And why you're having so much trouble - is a problem others have had also - but when building a store, you really need to start with the decision on the cart first, as that can/will often determine how/where you build.

I LOVE BV - so I choose to use BV and a cart I can integrate with it -

Check out the two I gave y ou above - look at the stores in my signature - and maybe you'll start to understand.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I have been following this thread knowing I was about to come up against the same problem. And now I am there!! I have to admit this has me very concerned. Does oscommerce have a detailed logic to follow?
          Thanks
          Ron

Comment

Working...
          X