• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jburnham
    Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

i do not know where to begin

i finally found how to ask a q i dont know what i am doing i got the welcome email i dont know what to do now help please i am in dyer need here

i have been looking for hours and i am not finding the answers i need

jovvijsonline i dont know what my acct id
    here is my client id#
  • aconstas1
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

Re: i do not know where to begin

read and watch the tutorials for Blue Voda. Then you can start building your web site with Blue Voda.

Here is the link
    Video tutorials about how to create an amazing website with the BlueVoda website builder, brought to you by VodaHost web hosting.

OR
    read and watch the tutorials for Soholaunch. Then you can install Soho and build your site with Soho.

Here is that link
    Get your free soholaunch pro along with hundreds of soholaunch templates from Vodahost web hosting.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

• jburnham
      Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

i have read tutorials and i am a vodahost member now i have gotten my welcome letter and now i dont know what to do i have been at this for hours and i still am lost what do i do i cant figure it out the tutorials are not helping me to get my website up i have made webpages in blue voda now what do i do how do i link the two together and why do i not see my website online it doesnt even register it cant find jovvijsonline.com
      i just dont get it

what is the next step after you get your letter with all the info on it?

i have viewed almost all of the tutorials i know alot about bluevoda but im stumped as to what i am supposed to do next am i missing something why is there not a tutorial in more depth like a step by step directions after you sign up thats what i need step by step i feel stupid that i cant figure it out oh and hi everyone i shpuld have said that first but i panic and i just wnat to figure this out im kinda freaking out cause i would rather talk to someone on the phone but i guess that it does not work like that here unless someone knows who i can get step by step instruction from
      pleas ehelp
      j

Comment

• racefan20
        Major General

• Jul 2005

Your website is up, it's just waiting for you to publish to it.

Your home page needs to be saved in the manner described here: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sav...-my-pages.html

Once you have your home page saved properly, you're ready to publish it. Click the publish button on the BV toolbar (it's right next to the preview button) and you'll see a window open. Within that window, fill in the details provided in your welcome email from VodaHost. The bottom field should read public_html, do not change this. Publish.

You'll then see your newly published page when you visit http://jovvijsonline.com/
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi j

Just relax and begin to take in what you are viewing and trying to understand. The process is really not all that complicated.

It is my understanding you have built two pages in blue voda. Would that be correct??

Your first main, or in other words your main page .... needs to be named, saved and published as index

It has to be just that index

After you have created that page, hopefully within the recommended guidelines of '800 width ... you would need to save it to your computer, you would also need to publish this.

To publish, while you have your page open, you go to file, and choose publish from that menu ... A pop up will appear, here you must match the ip address given to you in your welcome email, you must also fill in your username and your password, and most likely it is filled in saying public_html ... then hit publish ... this will then publish your main page, and you will be able to retrieve it via your domain name http://www.jovvijsonline.com

That is your first step .... assuming of course you have your plan and know what to do with the rest of your site ...

Try that firstly and see how you do .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Me thinks the rescue squad all landed here at the same time .... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Erzsebet
              Private First Class

• Mar 2007

My problem is maybe worst. I downloaded the Blue Voda website builder but I can not open it. Adding to this, I can not figure out how can I participate in the Forum, how can I say Hello to guys, and ask for help...

Comment

• jburnham
                Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

thanks gald to know somebody is out there well i got lucky and figured that out but when i publish it says

the attempt to connect to the server failed

i have problems with my msn messenger live and there is something wrong with my connection and i dont know how to fix that

why cant i see the website like its a normal site all i see are files and i viewed someone elses and it did the same thing i dont get it
                there is def a block with my connection cause i checked but i am on line now i dont get it

please help

Comment

• racefan20
                  Major General

• Jul 2005

The server connection issue may be because you're not selecting the correct IP address. Refer to your welcome email for the IP address to use, and if you don't see that IP in the list in BlueVoda, all you need to do is download a fresh copy of BV and it will show up then.

You'll see that list of files until you've published an index page to the site.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                    Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

Dear J,
                    just to see if you know...
                    you DO know you are supposed to name the first page (home) index,right?

and if you are not sure that you have the correct sever ip, password, and username you should submit a support ticket and ask them if they could re-send your password, username and sever ip...!!!

but be sure to ask nicely because no one likes rude people..!!! xD ha ha...sorry...*ahem* anyway...once you have all that information you should be able to publish everything...

to submit a support ticket (incase you dont know how to do that either...) go to the top of this page and click on "help me" and go down to the link called "submit a support ticket"

if you can't find "help me" it should be located around the top right corner of this page left to the other one that says "order now!"

any other questions? you can ask me anything and i'll try and hellp you the best i can!! believe i was in the exact same position as you!! and then i found out that i had the wrong password, username, and server ip!!! yeah...

BTW (by the way)
                    the username and password to publish your pages are totally different from the one you use to login here... (just incase you got mixed up about that too...cuz i did...ha ha..)
                    Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                      Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

P.s
                      ummm sorry but (if you didnt already find this out) a faster way to get to the threads you post are to click the "quick links" and click the link "subscribed threads" then that will automatically take you to the threads you've posted or have subscribed to..
                      Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• racefan20
                        Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dyiko_Kakiishi
                        Dear J,
                        just to see if you know...
                        you DO know you are supposed to name the first page (home) index,right?

and if you are not sure that you have the correct sever ip, password, and username you should submit a support ticket and ask them if they could re-send your password, username and sever ip...!!!

but be sure to ask nicely because no one likes rude people..!!! xD ha ha...sorry...*ahem* anyway...once you have all that information you should be able to publish everything...

to submit a support ticket (incase you dont know how to do that either...) go to the top of this page and click on "help me" and go down to the link called "submit a support ticket"

if you can't find "help me" it should be located around the top right corner of this page left to the other one that says "order now!"

any other questions? you can ask me anything and i'll try and hellp you the best i can!! believe i was in the exact same position as you!! and then i found out that i had the wrong password, username, and server ip!!! yeah...

BTW (by the way)
                        the username and password to publish your pages are totally different from the one you use to login here... (just incase you got mixed up about that too...cuz i did...ha ha..)

Please do not advise people to submit support tickets for frivolous issues that can easily be handled on the forum. People running around and creating support tickets for every little thing that comes up takes away time for the VH support team to help those who have genuine issues in tickets they've submitted.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                          Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

well you said please... but if they cannot find any other way to get their info to publish then its a big problem to the person who cannot publish their site and cannot do anything but be confused and frustrated... but i will try and refrain from doing so...! (please do not reply this conversation could confuse the person who first posted it) ^-^
                          Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• AmaDee
                            Colonel

• Jun 2006

I agree with Race, Dyiko. jburnham's situation isn't really "critical" as to need a support ticket...not to take anything away from your frustrations, Jburnham, because I was once in your ***** and I posted on here and that is how I got help. Don't get me wrong, I've sent in my share of support tickets. But the point here is, VodaHost, as we know has customer service that is second to none, and I for one would like it to stay that way. Taking them away from more important matters to assist with issues that we can help each other with on the forum would be a complete and utter masturbation.

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                              Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

Dear J,
                              Please pay no attention to the last three replies or posts. They do not have anything to do with your original question,well...not that much. But assuming you probably read them already they did make a point! Soooo.... let me re-phrase this a little.

If you no longer have your welcome note (deleted it) or you think that the welcome note does not have your information on it...(some people have said they did not recieve the the information in their welcome note) and you have absoulutely no way of getting that information then i suggest that you submit a ticket.

(does anyone else have something to say that can help her get her information without submitting a ticket? If you do then tell J!)

To race and Amadee!
                              Does that make it a little better?
                              Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Working...
                              X