• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jburnham
    Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

Re: i do not know where to begin

thank you thank you thank you
    now with that said i really appriciate everyones help i will fix my pages and then try to figure how to get connected

Comment

• jburnham
      Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

hello again i am still having issues about publising does anyone know how to fix that

when i go to publish it says

internet exception error 12029

details: the attempt to connect to the internet failed

i have my ip name and password that is not the problem its the connection
      please help
      thank you
      delaine :)

Comment

• jburnham
        Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

does anyone know why i cant see my website like a normal website?

thanks
        delaine

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
          Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

well...it looks like you've published it....but did you publish your first page (home page) as index? if not then i suggest you watch this tutorial at this link here:

remember to watch carefully!
          Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• jburnham
            Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

i have begun but im stuck

you know im not gonna give up here but i cannot publish it says there is an error maybe yesterday that was published

why cant i see my website then
            im not getting it i have tried to reset mmy firewall settings and i still have problem after i hit puclih(by the way i have already watched the tutorial) i get this 12029 error

how come you can see that ive published and i cant

my ip is still a temp one when will it be the perminant one
            thanks for the help maybe i should explaine clearer but i have watched the tutorials i know im missing something

del

Comment

• jburnham
              Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

why doesnt anyone answer my q they just make me watch the tutorials again and again im tutorialed out

still trippin
              del

Comment

• jburnham
                Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

im trying to publish and index but it wont lrt me

ERROR 12029

does

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                  Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

i cant see it the way you published it...when i first published my home page (but named it wrong) it came up the exact way yours came up...so i know for a fact that you have published your first page...but probably because you didnt name it right...but as you've said before you have read the tutorials so im guessing you did name it right

hmmm...did you name your page just index ?

when i named my page just index it looked exactly the same...so if you've named it index try again and name it index.bvp

okay and when you say temporary ip? what do you mean by temporary ip? (you are talking about the server ip, right?)
                  Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                    Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

BTW

the server IP are all numbers...i noticed you said in an earlier post you said you have your ip name. so i was just curious...
                    Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• racefan20
                      Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by jburnham
                      im trying to publish and index but it wont lrt me

ERROR 12029

does
                      Your firewall is blocking you. This post from ***** may help.

A 12029 error is a firewall issue error. This means that one or more firewalls is
                      blocking your attempt to publish with BlueVoda. Please follow the below steps:

97% of the time this can be attributed to your Windows XP Firewall Please follow
                      the following steps...

1) Go to your computers control panel
                      2) Click on widows firewall
                      3) Click on exceptions
                      4) Click on add programs
                      5) Add BlueVoda to your list of programs
                      6) Press ok
                      7) Reboot your computer

You have now successfully added BlueVoda to your safe programs list.
                      You should not have this problem again. If the problem persists. Your
                      computer might have a secondary firewall from Norton or MacAfee.
                      You will also have to BlueVoda to their safe programs list.

Also if you are working from an office or you are using your companies
                      computer or internet connection. You company probably has some type
                      of network firewall in place.

Please contact your companies system administrator for instructions.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                        Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

oh race j's been reading that for a while so thats why im gonna stop posting...it has to do with j's firewall so that means im useless for this one...!!!

Dear J,
                        I think you'd be better in someone else's hands!!! Im no good with firewall advice...best wishes.
                        Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• AmaDee
                          Colonel

• Jun 2006

J, I hope you paid attention to the three posts that Dyiko recommended that you do not pay attention to. We are not trying to be mean to you, J; it's just that if there's a way we can help you on the forum with minor issues that doesn't require much technicalities, that is better, as it frees up the Voda team to help people who have more pressing issues. With that said, if you are still having problems publishing, go to www.designsbymapillar.com and contact me...I'll be glad to help you get online.

Dyiko, I don't know about Race, but I took offense to you singling me out when all we were trying to do was make a suggestion for the greater good of the Voda community.

Secondly, you were very helpful to J. Don't belittle everything you did just because Race posted something about the firewall...even if it was a firewall problem you still helped her a great deal by being here for her and communicating with her. Basically, let's all try to get along and stop with these little HS remarks.

Comment

• jburnham
                            Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

ok first off id like to say ty to everyone again
                            this is kinda hard for me cause im not used to trying to explain my self through typing i still think im not doing a very good job at it but i will learn to do it this way cause like i told my husband last night I AM NOT GIVING UP i will do whatever it takes to get through this

i like bvoda and host the best i found when i was reaserching every yhing that was out there

so i already have done the windows fire wall thing and i still get the same thing now my ip address is on the drop down menu when i go to publish so thats not the issue i was on the phone yesterday with my phone compant and msn i realize those were the wromg people to talk to cause they fust told me to do what i already did so my norton anti virus is the prob i think but i cant get tot that cause whenever i open it up the part of the window that should have the utilities is an empty space now i did try rebooting my pc and that didnt work i tried like 5 times to no avail so when i get that figured out like gettting rid of some programs on my pc that i dont use to free up space maybe i can access norton ill keep yall posted

thanks again
                            ill contact you amadee

ILL BE BACK lol
                            delaine
                            :)

Comment

• jburnham
                              Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

yes yes yes yes i fixed it im sooooooooooooooooooo happy it was norton to blame!!!

so now i am going back and learning some more w/ the tutorials and im at the part where i still need to finish building my webpages and publish them correctly now i named my index page index01.bvp so its up but i still dont understand why when i type in the search bar jovvijsonline.com i dont see anything

i will be learning for a while today so i can figure thas stuff out now its my turn to work work work
                              ty all

delaine

Comment

• jburnham
                                Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

www.jovvijsonline.com

Comment

Working...
                                X