Index?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index?

I don't understand this "Index" thing guys. Do I make an index? Name my frontpage the "index"? Or after naming my frontpage the "index" does it just show up once I'm published. I have a Frontpage to enter the site on and a Homepage where the navigation buttons are. Do I name the Frontpage (just an image and a rollover, hopfully to the homepage) the "Index"? Or do I name the Homepage where all the Navigation buttons are.......the "Index"? Thanks!

Re: Index?

Save your first first page you want your people to go to as index and publish it.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

"index" is something you have to name your first page in order for your website to awesome! :)

yeah..so for your first page go click on "file" then "save as" and save it as "index"

thats all to it really..

oh and if your done with your home page ( btw home page is the one you should name "index") you should publish it! :D
      Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Thanks Jeremy! I did name my frontpage "index" but now I'm thinking after reading Dyikos' reply I should name my homepage as "index" as it has all the nav buttons on it. If I name my frontpage as "index" anytime someone wants to go back to the nav buttons they will have to re-enter the site. I think.

Thanks Dyiko_Kakiishi!

Comment

Actually whatever page you name index is the first page your viewers will see. If you name your homepage index, then you might as well throw out the frontpage. If you want your viewers to go back to your homepage through navbuttons, just type in the URL for the homepage in the HOME button, even though it's not going to be your index page. That way when they click on your HOME button they wont be redirected to your frontpage.
          Best Regards,
          Alex
          Surveillance Systems
          Restaurant POS | Retail POS
          Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

What is the page that you want people to get to when your url is entered into the browser? Whichever one that is - is the page that needs to be named index. It has nothing to do with what's on it.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks aconstas and Bethers! Yep! I've renamed my frontpage "index" Ha ha.

Now I just have one oddball question I guess. If I want to make a links page for links to other websites............how do I go about putting the links on the page? So folks can just click on them and go to another site. Do I add those later when the page is published? Or do I add them before publishing the pages? Thanks!

Comment

This tutorial shows about hyperlinks. In the URL you can put a link to any page on the internet. This is added on to your page before you publish it.
                Best Regards,
                Alex
                Surveillance Systems
                Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Thanks aconstas! I hadn't realized you did that with hyperlinks! Duh! Lol just too much information jamming into my head!

Comment

You're welcome. Glad i could be of some assistance.
                    Best Regards,
                    Alex
                    Surveillance Systems
                    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
                    X