• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EricPSF
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2006

Few qns reagrding BV

Hi,

1) Just curious is it possible to edit a template file and hv all the other files automatically updated?

2) What is the function of the "align toolbar", it seems to disactivate all the times?

Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Few qns reagrding BV

Hi, Eric!

By template, do you mean a site template that you have downloaded? If this is the case then it should have told you, when you downloaded, what software to use when editing your template.

If you mean a page template, that you have created, then there is no way to edit that and have it automatically update all other pages based on it. You would have to make the edit to each page already built with it, or, edit the template and rebuild your pages.

You may want to look into using i-frames which do allow you to make edits that effects all pages within your site. If you do a search, using the search feature at the top of the page, you will find lots of info about i-frames.

The align toolbar works when you select a group of objects that you want aligned a certain way (at the same height perhaps) and hit the relevant button. Don't be afraid to have a play with different features - you can always click the undo button.

I hope this answers your questions but just post here again if it doesn't.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You CAN use a single template page and automatically update all pages when you change the template. The technique is the same described in Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Instead of using the technique only for the menubar, you can use it for the whole template.

Please note that in this case the html box that is calling the template, MUST be the very first element in your page, Otherwise it will cover the rest (as text, images etc).
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Girlonthehill
        General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by navaldesign
        You CAN use a single template page and automatically update all pages when you change the template. The technique is the same described in Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Instead of using the technique only for the menubar, you can use it for the whole template.

Please note that in this case the html box that is calling the template, MUST be the very first element in your page, Otherwise it will cover the rest (as text, images etc).
        Sorry, Naval. I misunderstood and thought he may have been referribng to one that he had already created. Thanks for putting the facts straight.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Nice to see you Amanda, i hope you had (?) a great Easter (it was Easter here in Italy)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Girlonthehill
            General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by navaldesign
            Nice to see you Amanda, i hope you had (?) a great Easter (it was Easter here in Italy)
            It's always good to see you, too! Yes, I have had a good Easter weekend, thank you. I trust that you had a great Easter as well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X