Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueVoda vs Soholaunch

Hi,
    I am just about ready to start my web design, but I am a bit confused and would like to see a comparison list between BlueVoda and Soholaunch.

If I design my webpages with BlueVoda, can I later add additional features using Soholaunch or do I have to start the sedign with Soho?

I would consider using eCommerce, but not immediately.

Thanks
    Tom vR

ID:14122
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: BlueVoda vs Soholaunch

Tom

If you dont need Ecommerce.. then you really dont need Soho Launch. If you did at some point decided you needed a catalog driven cart.. you could then install it.. and link to it from your BV pages. If you are going to only sell one or two products.. pay pal has a copy and paste button that works well. If you have a merchant account and gate way you can also do the same with the free version of roman cart or mals ecart.

Some people want SOHO to manage newsletters etc.. but really you can do that with an autoresponder or a template and address book in outlook. The biggest reason to use soho or osc or any of the carts is to streamline the sales of a few hundred products preformatted etc and the ability to populate those carts with a csv file, rather than manually laying them all out. Some people grasp the concept and some dont. Some would rather design their own all the way around.

Bottom line is.. if you really arent selling anything.. then BV is the way to go.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: BlueVoda vs Soholaunch

Thanks Karen,

You have just cured my headache. But now I see there is a BV version 9 and I have installed it, but the the Help menu shows it is version 8.0.1.

Is your's correct? I have submitted a ticket to the Help Desk.

Tom
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X