Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new website customer for VB - YES!

heres my situation:
    1. I have been developing and maintaining a website with Storesonline as the host and using their website builder for the last 2 years.
    2. now that I have been introduced to BV, I have convinced my customer to change over.
    3. We have a website name that is paid for throught 2008.
    4. I want to transfer the website name and site to BV.
    5. I also am an affiliate and want to get credit for the new customer.
    6. What comes first? Do I set up the account with BV? or Do I transfer the website name to BV? I understand the tutorials on the procedure to do this but I'm not sure what I do first.
    7. Once I have transferred the website name to BV, I will not have a live website on the net until I reconstruct the site with BV. Is there an easy way to transfer this?
    Sorry for the long note but I only have one chance to do this right and it is the first time I do this
    Thanks, Mrmagoo
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: new website customer for VB - YES!

Hang on, let's get the horse in front of the cart where it belongs.

First, the terminology (this is not a criticism, just something you should know); Blue Voda (BV) is the site builder software, VodaHost is where your site is hosted.

The correct steps here would be to purchase your hosting account with VodaHost, then transfer your domain over.

Depending on how you built your current site, it's entirely possible that you can download all the files from your current host and then upload them onto your VH server, keeping your site from having much downtime.

If this is impractical, you'd need to go one of two ways.
    1. Start building from scratch with BV, or
    2. Use the html import feature in BV to open your existing pages and tweak them for publishing on your VH server. (This tool is found in BV by clicking file > new page > from existing html and entering the url of the page you wish to import.)
    With the last two, it's most productive site wise if you can stay online with your old host until you have your BV pages built and ready to go. This will minimize your down time.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Magoo..

I dont recognize this name from SOL.. but.. first you will have to be a voda host customer and sign up for the affiliate program, and then.. have your CUSTOMER purchase from your affiliate link.

Then.. once the process is completed.. the purchasing one that is... and the domain you purchased in (it will ask you when you are buying if you are transferring a domain you own, or want to purchase a new one) is the one you want to transfer to voda host, then you repoint the domain servers to voda host using the information from your welcome packet.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
        Magoo..

I dont recognize this name from SOL.. but.. first you will have to be a voda host customer and sign up for the affiliate program, and then.. have your CUSTOMER purchase from your affiliate link.

Then.. once the process is completed.. the purchasing one that is... and the domain you purchased in (it will ask you when you are buying if you are transferring a domain you own, or want to purchase a new one) is the one you want to transfer to voda host, then you repoint the domain servers to voda host using the information from your welcome packet.

Karen
        Yeah, that's what I said. LOL
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks and of course you are right about the horse and buggy or maybe it's the chicken and egg? oh well i feel better now that you all have explained the procedure so well.
          just to let you know i am an affiliate and this is my second customer that will join.
          thanks to BV or VH - the construction of these sites are easy.
          Mrmagoo
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

hi am new to this ok

Comment

Working...
            X