• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dyiko_Kakiishi
    Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

Gallery (kinda) question! PLease help!

Hello everyone! My website is www.dy-chan.com and its really just a "picture" site. For MS Rper's like myself.

That means i put ALOT of pictures there that dont belong to me...

After the first couple of pages... i noticed something....

That i dont have the credits for the pictures up there...!!!

And i was wondering...if i could open the picture in the same browser window...can i put the credits on the page that it opens to show the picture???? Is there anyway i can put the credits anywhere NEAR the picture?

(or did i get bulevoda and spent all that money for absoulutely nothing! >.<)
    Dyiko_Kakiishi
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Gallery (kinda) question! PLease help!

Why don't you simply use the "rollover" feature in Blue Voda 9 to add a text tag that pops up when the cursor rolls over the picture?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• racefan20
      Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dyiko_Kakiishi

(or did i get bulevoda and spent all that money for absoulutely nothing! >.<)

And just what the hell does that mean? You want to blame others because you don't have the sense to build your pages properly? Looks to me like you're getting what you paid for - your site is online and accessible and you can update as needed.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
        Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

1) If i cant have the credits for the pictures then i get sued. And the pictures are the only reason why i wanted to make a website. No pictures = no website. kay?

2) How was i blaming someone? Oh yeah..i wasn't. Does anywhere in that sentence say or imply that i was blaming someone? Absolutely nothing is the right word! Beacause if i cant post up those pictures (w/ the credits) then i made this website for nothing because im not selling anything...im just showing people pictures..!! And if i cant show the pictures that means i cant do anything anymore. That means i delete everything i did and i will not be using bluevoda anymore so i will have to get rid of that and all its components!

3) What was the purpose of your post? It didnt help or anything...it just criticized me. I ask for help and waddya do? You criticize me for a comment thats true...for me. Mmkay?

4) Dont take out your anger on me! Im sorry if i hit a soft spot but its the truth for me.
        Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
          Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

And thankyou Vasili for helping me...!!! I appreciate that you took your precious time to post very helpful reply! Doomo arigato Gozaimasu! (Thankyou very much!)
          Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• racefan20
            Major General

• Jul 2005

1) If i cant have the credits for the pictures then i get sued. And the pictures are the only reason why i wanted to make a website. No pictures = no website. kay?

2) How was i blaming someone? Oh yeah..i wasn't. Does anywhere in that sentence say or imply that i was blaming someone? Absolutely nothing is the right word! Beacause if i cant post up those pictures (w/ the credits) then i made this website for nothing because im not selling anything...im just showing people pictures..!! And if i cant show the pictures that means i cant do anything anymore. That means i delete everything i did and i will not be using bluevoda anymore so i will have to get rid of that and all its components!

3) What was the purpose of your post? It didnt help or anything...it just criticized me. I ask for help and waddya do? You criticize me for a comment thats true...for me. Mmkay?

4) Dont take out your anger on me! Im sorry if i hit a soft spot but its the truth for me.

I simply made the point that you were suggesting that, because you hadn't applied the credits correctly, you seemed to be wasting your money with VH, mmkay? Build your pages correctly and it's not an issue, Mmkay?

Here's a neat little thought for you - grow up! Mmkay? Good grief, learn to spell first, and then work on your grammar. I looked at your site and there are so many errors on it that it's laughable. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously if you won't take the time to make it readable?

Lastly, I didn't take my anger out on you - if I had, you'd know it. I honestly don't care what you think about me, but I'll guarantee you one thing; if you take the time to read this forum, you'll see posts I've made which will help you as you go along.

You're right, my post served no purpose but to criticize you and I stand by it. I'm sick and tired of seeing people like you post on this forum complaining about things that you have sole control over. If there's something wrong with the pics you uploaded on your page, then fix the page! Mmkay?
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
              Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

Im thirteen! I dont need to grow up yet! Im sorry if im not smart enough at my age to do everything on the computer! Especially since i JUST got the computer! How am i supposed to know every single thing about it? Thats why i ask for help, and if you dont want to help me then dont post any replies! Especially when someone already helped and i already got my answer.

P.s
              Im sorry i dont know how to spell!!! But if you were referring to my site then the so called errors were on purpose! Its a MS Rper site!! Its not supposed to be all formal and spelled all right! People will just leave the site! gosh..learn something about MS Rpers before you criticize their ways!
              Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• Andy128
                Major General

• Dec 2005

Dyiko-
                Well this is a tough lesson to learn about thoroughly researching something before spending a great deal of time and money on a project.

Even if you could give credits below each picture- unless you have the permission from the creator of the picture to display and allow for download, you are infringing on the copyright of that picture. Yes you could get sued. Most likely you would get a cease and desist letter from the creator or their law firm.

So, before you s**** the site- perhaps research for "FREE" pictures of the nature that you are looking for. Or- provide a service of links to those sites that you find in your research that provide pictures. All is not lost- you simply have to change your approach and plans a little.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                  Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

Thankyou Andy. Thats what i plan on doing. On another page of my site named "Your Host" its in the navigation. I haven't quite finished it, though. I got worked up over placing the pictures and credits in my website that i totally forgot about it...
                  Again thankyou Andy for your help.
                  Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                    Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

~Race~
                    Don't be a mocking bird? You're using a kindergarten kid strategy now...constantly repeating the word i used, "mmkay."

And you tell me to grow up?
                    Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• racefan20
                      Major General

• Jul 2005

~Race~
                      Don't be a mocking bird? You're using a kindergarten kid strategy now...constantly repeating the word i used, "mmkay."

And you tell me to grow up?
                      I wasn't mocking you, I was making fun of you. I don't care how old you are - if you act like a child I'll treat you like a child. If you make an attempt to be mature with the way you post, I'll respect that as well.

The way I reply to a post is directly contingent on the content of the post. I've helped you before and I might help you again, but if I see things I don't like in your posts, bet everything that I'll say so.

and if you dont want to help me then dont post any replies!
                      It's a free forum, if I want to reply I will and there's not much you can do about it.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Dyiko_Kakiishi
                        Sergeant Major

• Mar 2007

Mocking is like ridiculed...ridiculed is to make fun of...its the same thing.

and these forums are for people who need help on something and where they can get answers from people who know the answers. Its not for criticism and making "fun" of people.

well...i hope you've had your fun making fun of a "child"...this is getting really boring...

all your really doing is distracting me from my work and studies...goodbye.
                        Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Who wants ice cream??

Or....how about a double?

LOL
                          I think it's time for me to get a haircut, actually!
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• LadyEye
                            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
                            Who wants ice cream??

Or....how about a double?

LOL
                            I think it's time for me to get a haircut, actually!

Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream ... oops ... and please add some coconut on top ...

A haircut eh Vasili, for your birthday coming up??? hmmm .... I'll mail you a bottle of "Neet" .... lol
                            Would you use it? lmao ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• SAman
                              Major General

• Mar 2007

I agree, bring on the ice cream, maybe it will cool this one down!
                              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                              X