Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only part of BV page printing

Hi,

Not major, but still.... I have tried to print a longish BV page (800 x 7700), but only the first A4 page printed. To overcome this problem I had to preview in the Browser (not print preview) and print from there.

Any suggestions about the BV printing?
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Only part of BV page printing

A web page is not meant or designed to be printed, it is designed to be viewed on the internet via a computer screen, if you want it to print nicely you must make it printer friendly from the beggining....

1) White background
    2) text Aligned left
    3) Little or no graphics
    4) etc....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Have you ever visted a website that had a button that said "Click here for a printer friendly version"? They will take you a very similar page that was designed to be printed not viewed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi General,

Yes I know that a web page is not meant to be printed, that is why I said "not major". It is just that my website is quite big (small real estate) and a lot of the properties was listed on my Listings page and without graphics at this stage and white background. I wanted to print this long page as some kind of checklist for comparing the info to other Details pages while still designing. The graphics and colours will be added just before publishing...

And I could not print directly from BlueVoda, which would have been handy if you could).

Yes, the details pages per property, will have white backgrounds on the content portions, since customer generally like to print these pages. That's why I'm keeping it simple.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Hi, maybe worth having the page that you want to print as a duplicate PDF file. So you could place a print this page button on the page that you want a printed version of, that will send the visitor to a PDF page that will makes a nice job of a printed version of the page. Have a search on the forum for free pdf. There are 2 or 3 posts on this.
          With the pdf software, is all you do is place the url of the page you want to have in pdf & it will convert this page for you in a few seconds.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

A .PDF (a converted word document) is an excellent idea, it permits you to format that page exactly as you like.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you both; you are two of the finest supporters on the forum like many others.

I know how to PDF, but I've got a slight problem with that because in the nearby future I want to list the properties in a database, allowing visitors to sort or search by price, and the possible options are endless. Like you said, the backgound should be white, etc. so I will just keep those pages white or make the backgoumd very light (will test each colour of course).

But this was not by initial problem. I'm not talking about printing from the browser, I was talking about printing from the BlueVoda editor while still in the design phase. Normal print sizes about the size of A4 prints okay, but longer pages only prints the first A4 sheet, then it stops.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

So the only thing you can do is create the page printer friendly, this will take a few attempts and a bit of trial and error and tweaking.....Start from scratch and keep in mind that the page in not meant for a browser, it is meant to be printed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks VH
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X