• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stressless
    Sergeant

• Jan 2006

creating a download

After having viewed the tutorials a number of times...I was successful uploading my ebook, and also uploaded the intro, TOC and the first chapter as a give away...so that my customers could see what my writing is like. These uploads are all PDF documents.

I also published the thank you page...with the download link.

I can't get the download page to show itself so that I can test the download link.

Can anyone offer some words of wisdom?

• dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: blue FTP

Hi... Here's a few suggestions... clear your browser... republish...make sure you publish it to the right place... go into contol panel to your public_html to make sure its where it should be... double check addressing....Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

• Dorothy
      Master Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Stressless, I can't help you. Sorry about that. But, you just described the exact activity that I need help with. Can you find time to do a how to do it thing for me?
      I have a pdf file on the desktop. I want it on the web in such a way that visitors can download it. Sounds easy enough and I followed instructions but it didn't turn out right, in fact it turned out now way at all. I still see the file in BV's ftp program but I don't have access to it to view on line or to down load. You're gonna love this! i don't even know how to start all over.

Your comments are appreciated
      This is Dorothy with
      http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

click the below to learn how to create a download...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• VodaHost
          General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Stressless,

1) Did you plubish your download page?
          2) Please provide the url and we will test.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• stressless
            Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Re: creating a download

hey Dorothy...here is a little to confuse you...NOT

>>>have a pdf file on the desktop. I want it on the web in such a way that visitors can download it. Sounds easy enough and I followed instructions but it didn't turn out right, in fact it turned out now way at all. I still see the file in BV's ftp program but I don't have access to it to view on line or to down load. You're gonna love this! i don't even know how to start all over.

Hi Dorothy…I found some time…
            A. you will want to create a button or text and make it into a link for downloading your pdf doc.Just create a web page…or something that you can add a link to…
            B. Use blu ftp…its easy and upload the file you want downloadable.
            C. C Be careful of the titles you give things…because everything must be perfect…or you get nothing.

I don’t know exactly how you intend to make a download button or text…but you should be able to have it downloaded from an email for that matter. The choice is yours…need help…just ask.

Dorothy…in reading your statement…it all boils down to the title you gave the uploaded file. If you want…start over…watch the video…title it again write down the title for future usage…and make a link on your page.

Stressless

Remember…today is not a dress rehearsal!

Comment

• stressless
              Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Re: creating a download

Hi General...thanks for the response...
              yes I published a download page

and on the page is a link http://www.disciple-help.com/1chapdownload.pdf

this is to be the download to the first chapter. Not sure if this works.

I uploaded the complete ebook and will create a link on one of my sites to see if I have done things right...or oops.

Comment

Working...
              X