• Show
Clear All
  • StephenF
    Private

• May 2007

accessing text/objects outside viewable area

Hi

I have sometimes encountered the following problems with Bluevoda:

1. Pictures/ text boxes look fine in Bluevoda but when published are misaligned on the website. I've locked all images/ text but the problem still happens.
    2. Objects/ text appear outside the viewable area in Bluevoda. This means I cannot edit, view or delete them (see example of a menu I want to delete that suddenly appeared at the foot of www.existential-psychotherapy.com/questions.html but which remains invisible in Bluevoda)

Any help appreciated.

Stephen
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: accessing text/objects outside viewable area

Hi, not quite sure what you mean?
    If your are finding you can’t get to the menu in BV to move/delete It.? With the new BV, go to page properties & increase the page length. This will allow a longer scroll down.
    Also with this length of page I have found placing all items in tables tends to hold the structure of the page together a bit better. IE: with your central text, place it in a table 1 column long with 4-5 rows
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• AmaDee
      Colonel

• Jun 2006

Hi Stephen,

As to the first issue, locking the objects in bv does not affect the published pages...this is solely a designing advantage so that you don't mistakening move your objects. I do agree that sometimes objects tend to ride up/slide/go every which way you don't want them to. At such times, just be patient and keep reposition until it's the way you want it. And don't forget to preview because this view should give you as close to a realistic view as possible.

In reference to your other concern, sometimes when you are designing, you may copy/paste something into a page. There are times when you KNOW you just pasted but you can't see it. See, the text at times pastes at the exact location gridwise (especially when copy/pasting from one bv file to the next) as being copied from. The best thing to do, when you preview and see that your page is longer than you want it to be, go back into bv, select Edit, then Select All. Go to the bottom of the page and see if anything is there that does not belong.

Comment

• StephenF
        Private

• May 2007

Thanks Chris. Changing the page length did the trick. I find that when I insert images they sometimes tend to be misaligned when I publish, even with short pages. haven't figured out why. I've ended up just re-adjusting by approximation and republishing until the images are in the right place. Not the best way but I haven't found another way yet.

Thanks again
        Stephen

Comment

Working...
        X