Copy BV site to another computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy BV site to another computer

I need to copy my present BV site to another computer, can anyone tell me 'what files' along with BV do I need to copy to fully transfer the site and all its contents to another computer? OR, if I download BV website builder 9 again, what files do I need to make sure the site remains the same as the original.
    I did this once already but many files, mostly images were either not there or corrupted. Also, the fonts and layout changed.

Many Thanks,
    Tom
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Re: Copy BV site to another computer

Hi Tom

Have a look at this thread in it's entirety ....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/cpa...tml#post152650

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hmmmmm...

1. If you have NOT saved files outside your BV folder, then all necessary files are in it. Just copy the entire BV folder in a memory disc or on a CD/DVD or any other storage device you want, ans then copy it in the new computer.
      2. Images: images will be ANYWAY missing. This is because the path to your images, in the new computer, is different from the old one.

I do not recommend importing the pages from the site. It is true that most (not all) of the images will be there, but you will need further more work to adjust the text, hyperlink styles etc than just redefining the images on local computer level.

Please also note that importing the html pages, will NOT import menubars (it imports them as static, linked images, not as menubars), dropdowns, and al other javascripts.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

as David says "if everything from your site is in the BV folder there should be no problems" I am traveling and copied everything from my PC to an external drive then put it on my laptop. with no problems - however I made sure the "address" was exact - i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\owner\my documents\bluevoda and that is exacately where i put the BV folder on my laptop - had to make the "owner" folder on the laptop - but all works good. for future reference - keep everything in the BV folder.
        Ann
        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your input and help.
          I'm still a bit confused though.
          When installing BV, the program is in the 'program folder' and the images, my webs, templates are in C/Docs by default. I did the usual 'install' and didn't make any new folders or changes. ???

Much Thanks, Tom
          Thai House Plans
          Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Hi, to me it was looking difficolt, but is actually very simple.
            Now I tell you how I did it.
            I have been uploading my files from my pc at home .
            I just purchased a laptop, with it a flash drive.
            I made an user in the laptop with the same name I have in my pc " Alas ".
            My pictures in the pc where under C:\Documents and Settings\Alas\My documents\My pictures\..............jpg
            To transfer the pictures in the laptop I copied in the flash drive and downloaded under C:\Documents and Settings\Alas\My documents\My pictures\
            I downloaded bluevoda in the laptop.
            I copied in the flash drive from the pc all the C:\Documents and Settings\Alas\My documents\BlueVoda files .
            I transfered in to the laptop at the same location C:\Documents and Settings\Alas\My documents\BlueVoda all the files.
            I now have two computers to work and upload my files

Comment

Working...
            X