Using Powerpoint slide shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Powerpoint slide shows

Can anyone tell me how i can add a powerpoint slide show to me web page!

Re: Using Powerpoint slide shows

Scroll down to the OLE Object button or > Insert > Advanced > Embedded OLE Object. The scroll down the list to the type you want (i.e. Powerpoint Presentation), click 'from file', browse for the relevant file and click okay. That should do it, Brian. I have never done this and am, as I type, trying it out to make sure it works. Lol I may be back.

Edit: You may have to play about with the PP settings some. I couldn't get mine to play. Hmmmm. I'll play around but if you suss it out first, please report back. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi
      I have done what u suggested. That problem i am facing i that when iadd my presentation, i get an imge of the first slide ofmy presentation on my page. from mywork page if i click on that image i am taken to the slide show of my presenation. however when i visit my page on the web the slide show doesnt take place.

Comment

Originally posted by brianm
        Hi
        I have done what u suggested. That problem i am facing i that when iadd my presentation, i get an imge of the first slide ofmy presentation on my page. from mywork page if i click on that image i am taken to the slide show of my presenation. however when i visit my page on the web the slide show doesnt take place.
        Yup, that's what's happening to me, too. Now I know why. Please see this thread for further information.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, others may come up with a working solution, but I have never been able to get it to work until I discovered open office. (It’s free) http://www.openoffice.org
          Open office converts the PP into a html file so it works normally via the net. The other thing with open office, is you can also create PDF files as well.
          As I start to use the software I am finding far better than MS programs. There are 2 links below that I was messing around with. But I would need to work on these to get the KB’s down a bit. But it will work.

Good luck.
          PS the Open office is a large download.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
            Hi, others may come up with a working solution, but I have never been able to get it to work until I discovered open office. (It’s free) http://www.openoffice.org
            Open office converts the PP into a html file so it works normally via the net. The other thing with open office, is you can also create PDF files as well.
            As I start to use the software I am finding far better than MS programs. There are 2 links below that I was messing around with. But I would need to work on these to get the KB’s down a bit. But it will work.
            http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/brain1/img4.html
            http://www.collectors-info.com/testi...test/img0.html

Good luck.
            PS the Open office is a large download.
            Nice one, Chris!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hi
              Thankx for the link its seems good. Ihave a question though. After i have exported my presentation as an HTML file. HOw do I add the file onto my website?

Comment

Originally posted by brianm
                hi
                Thankx for the link its seems good. Ihave a question though. After i have exported my presentation as an HTML file. HOw do I add the file onto my website?
                I would think it's just a case of opening an HTML box in BV and pasting the code into it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thats what i wld have thought too. But how do i find the html script to paste into the html button in BV.

Comment

Hi, Amanda, these ones come out as complete pages. Brian. Just use BVs ftp (under tools) to upload all the files that it will have produced for the PP Presentation . If there are quite a few? It maybe worth creating another folder/directory on your site to place them in. It maybe better to this anyway. Then you can just link to the 1st page of the PPP. Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok I uploaded all the files produced. Now how to i link it to my page?

Comment

Hi, if you are in cpanel go to any one of the files that you uploaded & click on a file. The URL link should appear on the right hand side of your c panel page in dark blue. Click on this to open a page & work your way through clicking on the PPP until you find the 1st page. The link will be in the address bar at the top of your page.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok i guess i have not been clear.
                          I have a page on my websit already saved as m invitation page with a navigation bar. I want it to work so that when someone visits that page my presentation automatically plays. without needing to keep clicking a play button as on the two pages ure working on. I want the slideshow to play by it self.

Comment

Ah! The only way I can think of doing that is! Place an iframe on your page & make the 1st page of your PPP the iframe link.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok how do i place an iframe

Comment

Working...
                              X