• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delsbree
    Members

• Jun 2005

Next page, back, page numbers

If I have several sub pages to a page, how do I add "next" "back" and page numbers so user knows there is move than one page, how many pages ther are and can click forward and back among them easily?
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by delsbree
    If I have several sub pages to a page, how do I add "next" "back" and page numbers so user knows there is move than one page, how many pages ther are and can click forward and back among them easily?

Someone may know of an easier way, but if it were me I'd just put a couple icons on each page for "next" and "back", along with the page numbers and hyperlink it all together.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• delsbree
      Members

• Jun 2005

Originally posted by racefan20
      Someone may know of an easier way, but if it were me I'd just put a couple icons on each page for "next" and "back", along with the page numbers and hyperlink it all together.
      Thanks. I am hoping there is an easier way.

Comment

• pet121
        webmaster

• May 2005

Maybe I am missing something here, just hyperlink the pages. For example, page 1, page 2 page 3 these are you sub pages. Make sure the text is on all on the pages you want to link to then hyperlink page1 enter then url then page2 enter the url ect... But if you are looking for backwards and forwards over a three or more pages it can be done. I my opinion the backward forward thing makes for poor navigation. pet121

P.S easiest way just add page numbers it could be p.1 or whatever you decide.

Comment

• Sarah
          Colonel

• May 2005

You can download free (next, back) icons in the image library, or you can do
          a Google search. There is tons of ree clipart on the net.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• racefan20
            Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by pet121
            Maybe I am missing something here, just hyperlink the pages. For example, page 1, page 2 page 3 these are you sub pages. Make sure the text is on all on the pages you want to link to then hyperlink page1 enter then url then page2 enter the url ect... But if you are looking for backwards and forwards over a three or more pages it can be done. I my opinion the backward forward thing makes for poor navigation. pet121

P.S easiest way just add page numbers it could be p.1 or whatever you decide.

You're right about that! I hate sites that give me "next" and "previous" links, but no page numbers to choose from.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• delsbree
              Members

• Jun 2005

Thanks all for your comments. I am playing with the BlueVoda menu bar capabilites. What I want to be able to do is have the page number that the person is on be different from the other page numbers so that the person would know which page they are on. So like with a Google search, you can tell looking at the pages numbers which page you are on. How can we do that in BlueVoda? Do I need to use a separate menu bar or icon for each page number? This feels like reinventing the wheel.

Comment

• pet121
                webmaster

• May 2005

racefan

I thank for your concurence. It almoast as annoying as having a horizontal scroll bar. But hey, everybody has their own way of doing things. A little off topic the google pr has updated. Pet121

Comment

• racefan20
                  Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by delsbree
                  Thanks all for your comments. I am playing with the BlueVoda menu bar capabilites. What I want to be able to do is have the page number that the person is on be different from the other page numbers so that the person would know which page they are on. So like with a Google search, you can tell looking at the pages numbers which page you are on. How can we do that in BlueVoda? Do I need to use a separate menu bar or icon for each page number? This feels like reinventing the wheel.

LOL It can seem like that at times. You can do something as simple as making the page number a different color from the others, or get creative using icons and text. The simple way will be enough to keep most people happy.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• pet121
                    webmaster

• May 2005

I agree with racefan. Use page numbers to navigate through sub pages or even page titles. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X