Static Page Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static Page Header

Is it possible to do one Title Banner with a drop down menu that remains static and have new pages open underneath it so I don't have to re-do the Title Banner and menu on every single page?

I have to believe i'm making this far more complicated than it needs to be :-/

Thanks!

Re: Static Page Header

Originally posted by Scuba Girl
    Is it possible to do one Title Banner with a drop down menu that remains static and have new pages open underneath it so I don't have to re-do the Title Banner and menu on every single page?

I have to believe i'm making this far more complicated than it needs to be :-/

Thanks!
    Yes, prepare yourself one page in Blue Voda, using your backgrounds, navigation bars, your header/logo, etc., all of the things that you would like to appear the same on every page ... once you have this page set and complete with all the links that you may use, make sure they would all work as you make new pages and publishg them (example, names all correctly) and then just save this page as beginnerpage.

Then as you begin to build each page, open this page firstly, add the content for the page you are building, name it as the new page, save and publish.

This is a very good way to do your site actually, as then those things appear in the same spots on every page, already loaded in viewer's browser, makes for your pages to go much quicker.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, you can make a static page to copy for a each new page as LE suggests.
      If you are planning quite a few pages I would recommend looking at Navals way of doing you pages.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks guys. but i just tried Naval's little php trick and although the menu and index pages look like they're supposed to and say they published successfully, when i actually go to my site the original index page that i saved over still shows up.

weird, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Scuba Girl
          thanks guys. but i just tried Naval's little php trick and although the menu and index pages look like they're supposed to and say they published successfully, when i actually go to my site the original index page that i saved over still shows up.

weird, no?

ok, i fixed that - guess the save-over doesn't work so well. i just copied to new page and deleted the old one.

BUT - now that the new index page is finally working, the menu doesn't show up =( have checked Naval's directions 3 times and everything looks like it's supposed to.

what am i missing??

Comment

Are all your pages .php?
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X