Page lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page lengths

I have used the page properties and set my page length etc which works fine on the home page but on the next two pages on the 'live' site the scroll bar can go on down for ages after the bottom of my page. I can't work out what I have done wrong. Has anyone any ideas on this.

www.taylor-housing.co.uk

It isn't great yet but I am working on it so be gentle.

Re: Page lengths

Originally posted by MaggieS
    I have used the page properties and set my page length etc which works fine on the home page but on the next two pages on the 'live' site the scroll bar can go on down for ages after the bottom of my page. I can't work out what I have done wrong. Has anyone any ideas on this.

www.taylor-housing.co.uk

It isn't great yet but I am working on it so be gentle.
    You say you have used the page properties to set your page length, but on your tenant info page the width and length are way too wide and long.Sometimes this is caused by something you had previously placed there and thoughtyou had removed. One way to check this is to 'select all' and then scroll way down long and way wide and see if there is anything there.
    Also, try resetting the width and length again, and be sure to save before you republish.
    If that fails, I can only think to recreate the page anew, and see if that gets rid of the problem.
    Sorry to not be too helpful.
    regards
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks all I used the select all as suggested found a picture miles from anywhere which was obviously causing the problem. Thank you for the help.

xx

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieS
        Thanks all I used the select all as suggested found a picture miles from anywhere which was obviously causing the problem. Thank you for the help.

xx
        Cool, glad it worked.
        Site looks great!
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi!!

I have the same problem. We had a page that was really really long and made some adjustments that didn't require so much length anymore.

We shortened the page using the Page Properties but all the pages on the site are still miles long!

We tried the suggestion of searching for a forgottong object hidden far down on the page but didn't find anything.

We keep trying to restate the new page length but so far, we're not getting the result we want.

Are there any other suggestions as to what we might try?

Thank you so much!

Linda

for John of www.jgsprojects.com

Comment

A quick update! We read your suggestions again and kept trying and discovered what was keeping our pages long!!!

Thanks alot but we're ok now!!

Awesome stuff!!

Comment

Working...
            X