This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks good in Firefox-a mess in Internet Explorer

I am new to BV. I recently built a site that looks great in FIREFOX but with internet explorer, the content of several pages is scattered all over the place.
    Is there an easy way to straighten this mess out so the site looks good in both browsers? In Blue Voda, everything seems to line up and all items are locked into place. Don't really know what to do! Do I have to move things all around in BV to have them work in both browsers? Don't understand because then it will all be a mess in BV and hard to work with? I'm sure there's an easy answer here! Hope someone can help! Brian
    www.briansimons.com

Re: Looks good in Firefox-a mess in Internet Explorer

Hi Brian

It is important to "fine tune" your pages built with Blue Voda on each of these browsers (the two most popular).

A nice feature now with BV9 is the easy access to both browsers to preview your page before you publish the same ... if you haven't already edited your "Preview in Browser" list - you can add as many more browsers there that you have on your computer ... this helps when building your page ... (Personally, I have noticed that firefox drops the information down perhaps about 1/4 of an inch or so in comparison to internet explorer on the page.)

It's just minor tweaking here and there that you need to do ... but yes, you should do so ...

The only page that I see is scattered is your site map page - perhaps you have something else going on there - all other pages look fine to me in internet explorer

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Ladyeye for your reply, I spent about 3 hours tweeking them in IE and firefox last night. Seems like I solved my own problem . Thanks so much!
      Brian
      www.briansimons.com

Comment

Excellent good to hear!! :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X