• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Picture Perfect Totes
    Corporal

• May 2007

Picture Perfect Totes

Hi, I signed up for a paypal account and everything is going well on my website. I added shipping costs to the orders and it does add the shipping to the orders just fine. But, I need to know how to offer my customers free shipping on orders over $100.00. How do I configure paypal to do this?

Please HELP!

Thanks in Advance

PPT
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Picture Perfect Totes

Not sure if you can do this with PayPal. I beleive it should be done directly on your website, before the visitor is redirected to PayPal. You will need a script for that.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Naval is probably right ... but

I haven't been to paypal for a bit, however, I do recall that you can add the amount of shipping dependent on the total of the sale ... and if this system works for you, then you have a way ...

example sale $25.00 - $35.00 - Shipping $10.00

sale $50.00 - shipping $18.00

sale $100.00 - Shipping 0.00

Just example rates, however, I do recall doing this for someone last year ... You might want to check that avenue out, it may have changed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

If you use a cart - like CartManager or Mal's E - you will have many other options- and would easily be able to configure shipping however you want it.

But I do believe you can do this directly from Paypal. I don't use it - but suggest you go to your Paypal account, go to the Profile subtab of "My Account" - then go to the Shipping Calculation link in the Selling Preferences column and see if you find what you need there :)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I'm afraid PayPal doesn't allow this. I mean, yes, allows to define shipment costs per sale range, as Lady Eye said. But, these amounts are added to each other.
          so you can set (example)

0,01 - 20.00$ shipment $2
          20,01 - 50.00 shipment $5
          50,01 - 100,00 shipment $7
          over $100 shipment $0

etc, and also define that for amounts over, i.e. $100 shipment will be 0.
          However, these are cumulative, meaning that, it will ALWAYS calculate the shipment for the lower amount ranges. So you cannot set that shipment wil be 0 for amounts over a certain amount.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I suggest that you look at CM or Mal's then - as you can use paypal with them - and you'll have all the options in shipping. Mal's has a free version. I use CM - but it does have a monthly fee - I find it worthwhile with all the other things I can do with it.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X