Linking to text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to text

When you have a list of topics at the top of your page, for which you are writing a paragraph on each, is it possible to link the list to the relevant paragraph on the same page, so someone can click on the heading at the top and be taken lower down the page to the corresponding paragraph?

use the search feature on the top of this page and search for the keyword...

bookmark

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

on the top of this page (underneath our logo) you will see a blue bar, on the blue bar is written

Home User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Click on the one that says search....enter the keyword bookmark , this feature is
      called a bookmark

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

thanks. Misunderstood the first time because hadn't heard of bookmark, and it wasn't on the same line as the rest of the reply. sorry!
        is there a tutorial on bookmarking? i have built my bookmarks by the sketchy information i gathered by searching, however, when i click on one heading, they all colour up, and they don't take me to the paragraph, even though i built each one separately and numbered them separately.

Comment

not one yet...but good idea!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

so can someone advise me where i am going wrong and what i need to do please??????? Thanks!

Comment

Recommended reading:
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...light=bookmark
              Forum Moderator
              BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

ok - read that previously - we do need a tutorial on this subject! luckily i seem to have stumbled on my error. with each heading on a consecutive line, it was labelling them all the same bookmark. i separated them with a line between each, and re-labelled them with bookmarks, and then removed the lines again so they are in a list straight under each other and it is working now. thanks.

Comment

two quick questions - i have just created a link in the text of one page to another, and the underline overshot the link phrase, so it hangs out before the word and after it - looks ugly. how do you get it to unlink, so you can make the underline start and stop at the beginning and end of the word - or is there another way of shortening it without undoing the link you created? Also, the other question, one page i have published shows up fine but at the very top line of the page it says HTTP 404 Not Found - but the page is found and displaying correctly, it is just mis-named with an error message. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X