I am very new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very new...

I need some help, I recently got my username, password, and ip. I subscribed to for monthly webhosting with my domain name, and now I am a little overwhelmed and lost. I have been looking through the tutorials and forums for more information, but am still VERY confused. Exactly what do I do next? I have logged into my control panel, and try publishing my pages. But when I did, all I got was a sit that had index, and all the files I used to make my main page. Was I supposed to name it something special before getting started? I also saw something about usingns1.voda15.comns2.voda15.comto redirect my site to bluevoda but i wasnt sure if that applied to me since I got a package, if anyone can give me a short rundown of how and where to get started, it would appreciated.

houseintohome.com

client # 15229

Re: Totally Lost...

The reson that all the files are being listed is you need to have a file called "index". This page is uses as the default page when your website loads. If this file isn't found then it lists all the files in the main directory instead. This also goes for any and all additional directories that you create on your website.

The ns1.voda15.com and ns2.voda15.com are the name servers that your domain should have. If you had vodahost register your domain then they should have set this as your default name servers so you wouldn't have worry about it unless you register a domain with another company

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: I am very new...

Please click the below to learn how to get started. Please watch the tutorials, especially the one about how to name your pages...It is very important...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X