Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Publishing A Subdomain

Hi Karen/LadyEye,
    Does the first page of a subdomain still have to be named index? If so this is where i've gone wrong. If not I'm flumuxed :(
    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by anthony.attridge@btintern View Post
      Hi Karen/LadyEye,
      Does the first page of a subdomain still have to be named index? If so this is where i've gone wrong. If not I'm flumuxed :(
      Tony

Hi there ... you can have a page called index with your sub-domain, keep in mind these two things ...

1) Create a folder of it's own on your computer, located in MY DOCUMENTS<BLUEVODA - name this folder subdomain, or for that matter, the name of your subdomain

2) Publish the subdomains pages to public_html/subdomain

the url would be

Now with that being said, you do not have to have an index page in the same was as you do for a main domain or add on domain.

The sub-domain will work without an index page ...

When you have published a page other than index to your subdomain ...

the url would be

Remember - when naming, saving and publishing pages you do not add the .html - this is done automatically for you by blue voda ... but when you type the link (url) anywhere you add the .html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello again,
        This one is driving me nuts, i just can't figure out what i've done wrong.
        It seems to be that the subdomain is showing an unedited version of my main site. Nothing of my subdomain is showing up at all. Can you type out the exact address for me? is it this
        www.e-lottery-syndicate.auto-lotto-wins.com/play-the-game
        Also,could it be something to do with the redirect settings in control panel/subdomain? I left that alone as i wasn't sure about it.
        Tony

Comment

Working...
        X