Question about page size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about page size

Im currently making a test page on this program and was wondering how do i go further down the page? :S I have sort of ran out of room and need to scroll down to make more room but it does not let me... im not very good on programs so im sure im just asking a very silly question here ...

Any help much appreciated.

Re: Question about page size

open Blue Voda ,
    move cursor up to
    View Page Properties General
    change Page Height from 2331 to 3331.
    sigpic
    Best Regards,
    Fox

Comment

Originally posted by SirChick View Post
      Im currently making a test page on this program and was wondering how do i go further down the page? :S I have sort of ran out of room and need to scroll down to make more room but it does not let me... im not very good on programs so im sure im just asking a very silly question here ...

Any help much appreciated.
      You can also just right click any blank place on the page and go to page properties and reset your page height there.
      But I wanted to amend something previously said.
      You will determine the height of your particular page by the things you want to place on it.
      For the width, the general best convention says to make it no wider than 800, so the most viewers will be able to see it all without having to side-scroll, no matter the size of their screens.
      But for the height, it will depend on how long you want to make it.
      Unlike side scrolling, most people don't seem to mind scrolling down. Of course if it got too long, like maybe 3000, you might consider making that particular part have another page.
      In any case, set it asl long as you like - it doesn't need to be like 2331 or 3331 or whatever - just make it longer than you need while you are building it, and then adjust it tighter when you are done..
      Good Luck.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

thankyou very much :D

Comment

I've just realised it does not work sorry. It does when editing pages but when i view the page it still practically stops right at the last line but i need a bit of a gap just to make it look more presentable...
          Do you get what i mean ? :P

Comment

I've just realised it does not work sorry. It does when editing pages but when i view the page it still practically stops right at the last line but i need a bit of a gap just to make it look more presentable...
            Do you get what i mean ? :P
            Yep I know what you mean. THere may be another way, but here is what I do:
            When I get the page just how I want it, I add a text box at the very bottom, all the way to the left so I always know where it is. I type 'end of page' in the box, and then make the text color the same page as the background so it is virtually invisible. then the end of page is right at the bottom of that text box, and I get the space I need there,
            I know other people use dots, or anything small, but for some reason I do this.
            anywya that is my solution; other may have other solutions,
            good luck
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

thanks and just to add (to save me making tons of threads) my linking is not working..i have not uploaded the files to a server but it asks for the url.. so i cannot test the links and navigation until i buy a server is this correct? or can i some how link the pages together withing the program for test purposes?

Comment

thanks and just to add (to save me making tons of threads) my linking is not working..i have not uploaded the files to a server but it asks for the url.. so i cannot test the links and navigation until i buy a server is this correct? or can i some how link the pages together withing the program for test purposes?
                Yep you are correct; the links won't work until a page is published for them to be linked to..bad English, but you get the point.
                So in order for that to happen you need to purchase a vodahosting account. With the account you will get a free domain(free for a year, then is p[aid as normally) or a free domain transfer(if you already have one..)
                Ther are a couple of different ways to pay for this - month to month, annual or triannually, but if you select annual or triannual billing you get the best price and no set-up fee.
                This is a great hosting service - prices are good and you just can't beat the help on this forum. So many helpful people,and patient, too. LOL
                Welcome aboard, in advance.
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Does it allow me to do PHP? Because im aiming to code PHP in to my site eventually aswell as MySQL..

Comment

Hi, the link below may intrest you. there are quite a few that use a part of php to save a bit of work.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X