• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niome
    Master Sergeant

• May 2007

page loading speed

Hi, I need some key elements to watch for when creating a page to make it load faster. In particular the boxes(shapes) you can make and the lines. Have a look at this page and see if there's anything that can make it load quicker.
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: page loading speed

Originally posted by niome View Post
    Hi, I need some key elements to watch for when creating a page to make it load faster. In particular the boxes(shapes) you can make and the lines. Have a look at this page and see if there's anything that can make it load quicker.
    www.splendidgoldens.com/Wedge.html
    Niome your pictures coule be 'lighter', that is, the same size but have less kb.
    Here is a url to a free image optimizer you can use.
    That should help
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, your worst culprit is the background image at 1647.83 kB I have reduce this down to about 7kb Right click on the image below & "save image as"? Then place as a background image on your pages.

On the other images Liz’s suggestion is the best way, then see how far you can push the image before it starts to look grainy.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• niome
        Master Sergeant

• May 2007

Thanx for the replies. I have removed the textured backfround for now, the resized pic you sent looked really grainy and I couldn't see any of the "clouds" in the background. I will look at some other options now, the page loads okay without the cloud background. I just thought it looked a little plain and was difficult to read.

Comment

• niome
          Master Sergeant

• May 2007

PS Thanx for the pic editing link, someone had given it to me before but I forgot to link it!

Comment

Working...
          X