• Show
Clear All
  • UboughtIT.com
    Private

• Jun 2007

New To Vodahost

Possible question for the Design Staff?

Hello - I am new to Vodahost.

I want to re-design an existing site, or set up a new website, (existing site www.uboughtit.com), but I am unsure which Vodahost options will be most suited for this project. I understand from your Pre-Sales department that one of the design staff will pick-up this message and give me some advice. However, guidance from any pro members will be greatly appreciated. My requirements to develop a new website are as follows:

1. Multi-page format, drop-down menu etc.
    2. Full ecommerce site, shopping cart, card payments etc.
    3. Possible flash header.
    4. Approx 1600/2000 stock items.
    5. Stock population of site by XML datafeed, ie from a single UK IT distributor, ensuring up to date prices, images, stocks etc.

Taking into account my sites requirements, has anyone any suggestions what Vodahost web-building options I should use to build a new site, especially regarding the shopping cart options? Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Tony Brown
    www.uboughtit.com
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: New To Vodahost

Tony,
    You have purchased hosting from VH - and now you need to find a shopping cart that meets YOUR requirements - which with the data feed, etc - means that you'll probably purchase that outside and host it on VH. (Unless you want to pay someone to design that type of feed for you - which will cost a lot of bucks - those kinds of things are why people go with template store designs).

Good luck to you.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• UboughtIT.com
      Private

• Jun 2007

Re: New To Vodahost

Beth

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and thanks for the advice.

Tony Brown
      www.uboughtit.com

Comment

Working...
      X