• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Saving Pages

hello;
    a new challenge. i am saving my pages as normal but when i try to get the page back it shows as a html document instead of a bvp document. what am i doing wrong.
    Mrmagoo
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Saving Pages

Double-check your BV Page Properties to see what extension has been selected to be published as.....(in the drop-down menu box)....since the BV pages are auto-saved in BV with the .bvp extension, they need to be published as "html" in that slection box of properties. If you did not correct this from creating the page after another email form, for instance, it will inadvertantly have the .php extension selected....change it back to html, re-save the page in BV, and re-publish. All will be well.

BV must be open for you to open a page as BV, otherwise it will open as an HTML webpage file....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

i have checked this out and it is saved with a html file extension the same as my other pages.
      Mrmagoo
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

If you have BV open, and try to open your previously saved page, your BV-created webpage will open properly for you to see, work on, and re-publish normally.

If you do NOT have BV open, and simply wander in your BV folder (in My Documents) and double-click on a page file, you need an application to view it in, correct? Normally, Notepad will open for you to "view" the file, which is in code.

If, on the other hand, you have not cleared out your browser since using Preview last by either using the drop-down History of URL's or by manually typing in the URL, you will only get the previous page loading from your Temporary file folder.

Where EXACTLY are you "seeing" this file, and HOW are you trying to access it??

Comment

• mrmagoo144
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

I am opening with my Blue Voda Website builder. I have approximately 20 pages saved and published and have made all these pages the same way. I open with Blue Voda Website builder, construct the page using the builder, then save page as the name I choose, then publish these pages.

The last 2 pages I have made appear only if I use the drop down menu of Files of type: All files(*.*)
          and when I put the mouse over the name in window it says: Type: HTML Document

All the other pages appear when the drop down menu is:
          Files of type: Blue Voda Files (*bvp)
          When I put the mouse over these pages it states: type: Blue Voda Document

Again, I thank you for helping me with this.

Mrmagoo
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• mrmagoo144
            Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Vasili;
            I have figured it out and see how you mean about opening a new page in blue voda. I was just using the New Page in my tool bar instead of in Blue Voda. How stupid I am, but thanks for your patience.
            Mrmagoo,Cant see very well you know!
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

*sigh*

I have my own frustrations having to rely on Dr. Dean Edell's reading glasses.......like a child, I am trying to see how long it will be before I am compelled to get my first eye exam!
              LOL

and on we go....

Comment

Working...
              X