Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subdomain??

CLIENT ID #14476Hi
    I have added a subdomain, as I would like to load up some web pages that I can send my client to see, but that is reserved for him. I have two questions:
    1. Can I upload web pages using programs other than blue voda? Like a design program, like Corel Draw?
    If so, how can I do this?
    2. How do I upload files to the subdomain from BlueVoda?

Your help would be greatly appreciated
    www.p3sa.com
    Purple Patch Procurements
    SD: www.sunnysidepark.p3sa.com

Re: Subdomain??

Originally posted by Purple Patch View Post
    CLIENT ID #14476Hi
    I have added a subdomain, as I would like to load up some web pages that I can send my client to see, but that is reserved for him. I have two questions:
    1. Can I upload web pages using programs other than blue voda? Like a design program, like Corel Draw?
    If so, how can I do this?
    2. How do I upload files to the subdomain from BlueVoda?

Your help would be greatly appreciated
    www.p3sa.com
    Purple Patch Procurements
    SD: www.sunnysidepark.p3sa.com
    You can create images in other programs and insert them into BlueVoda (BV) but all publishing of pages must be done from within BV.

To publish to a subdomain:

1. Create a folder with in your BV folder on your pc. It is imperative that you keep files for different sites seperately from each other.

2. Create and save your pages in exactly the same way as you did for your first site - including an index page.

3. Publish the same way but where you publish to will change slightly. Where it says Publish to: public_html you will need to add the subdomain onto that. It should look something like this (where 'mysubdomain' is the name of your actual sub domain):

Publish to: public_html/mysubdomain

4. To upload non pages (ie. music or video files) use BlueFTP or File Manager within your CPanel and navigate to the correct subdomain on the server side.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Subdomain??

Just to clarify a little...

The upload feature in the BV Web Builder is used to publish web pages created with the BV web builder only.

However- if you create an html web page with another program or if you write the html web page all ourself- you can FTP that page to the server and use it on your site. Simply go into Tools>FTP Manager and move the file from your computer to the servers public_html folder or to a folder that you specify. If your web page has pictures in it- those pictures must also be FTP'd to the server in order to be presented on your page when viewed. You would link to it like any other page created in BV.

Andy

*Hey Amanda- Like the new Avatar.
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
      X