Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating new page question

Hello again.

Without finding from forums and not quite understanding tutorials I dare ask your help again.

I have a page www.ruhtinaskunta.com and there should be page called "Normandy" whitch I haven't created yet.

Well, the question...

Do I start creating that page from scratch and name it "normandy" etc?
    Or is it vice to do a clone page from index and make it there as I want the background and header as they are in "index"?
    Reason for that, I didnt save it when header and background was ready (stupid me)...

Another one. How do BV know where it puts that "normandy" page? Or should I even have to know that+
    And is it going to right place after all?

Many questions, hopefully some of these may be solved.

Thanks in advance

Jarkko

Re: Creating new page question

Hello;
    I think I can help you out with this one. I just cloned the page and deleted all the information that I didn't want, then added the new content. Just make sure that you
    1. save the page as normandy - no caps no space.
    2. make sure the links are correct and working
    3. delete the cloned page from you builder unless you want it for other pages but eventually you should delete it.

As for where it is saving the pages, this is being saved on your hardware and should be on your C drive in my documents, but you are right by not even knowing this.

I will visit your site and have fun.
    Mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer.
      I am clear for doing it next.

Tho unclear things still are do I publish only "normandy" page when its ready?
      Not the index anymore?

And make sure links works?
      Does it mean I have to do something about it except pointing navbar to go there as "www.ruhtinaskunta.com/normandy"?
      BV makes automatically that page after publishing it?

Comment

Originally posted by higge View Post
        Thank you very much for your answer.
        I am clear for doing it next.

Tho unclear things still are do I publish only "normandy" page when its ready?
        Not the index anymore?

And make sure links works?
        Does it mean I have to do something about it except pointing navbar to go there as "www.ruhtinaskunta.com/normandy"?
        BV makes automatically that page after publishing it?

To publish your website and it's pages, you do the following

All pages, must be named, saved and published as their page name, all small letters, no spaces unless the words are joined together with the use of the underscore _ (example - use grapes or red_grapes)

Your main page, the landing page of your domain url is always and must be:

Named, Saved and Published as index - all small letters, nothing else

Every other page you create can have it's own name

In your case, your next page should be named, saved and published as normandy ... this page then will be linked in one way or another (text link, navigation bar, menu bar) from the main index page and the link will be http://www.ruhtinaskunta.com/normandy.html

The .html must be added to the link url when you are typing the link or linking to it .... (you do not add the .html to the page name when publishing, Blue Voda converts this file for you automatically upon publishing)

It is important to name, save and publish and link to your pages with the exact names and as described above ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you again, slowly pieces are put together :=)

Comment

Working...
          X