• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daddyo
    Sergeant

• Aug 2005

Transfering My Bluevoda webbuilder and files to another PC

Hi there,
    I just bought a new laptop and i was wondering if i could transfer my web builder and my files that i have in my PC to my laptop .
    And i wanted to know if i could publish two different web site from one PC.
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Transfering My Bluevoda webbuilder and files to another PC

Download BV to the new computer - then copy all your files, I suggest copying them to an external device - usb flash drive would work - and download them to the new computer. Realize, for images to show on the new computer, you'll have to move all them over also - and unless you can move them so that the path is identical on the new computer, they won't show on your pages unless you call them back up.

As to websites - you can build as many as you want from one computer.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• talkativetaurus
      Sergeant

• Jul 2008

hi i have the same question.
      will pen drive work for copying the files ?
      *Your life is what your thoughts make it*

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Sure, as long as it will hold the files, and works on both computers.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Fanos Theo
          Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Hello,

I am having troubles everytime I transfer all files to a new computer.

My pictures and flash will not show no matter what I do. Can you please explain to me a bit better on how I can properly transfer all my files to a new computer and have all the pictures and flash show up right away on the new pc? (The easiest steps to do this would be greatly appreciated)

I have done this about 4-5 times and everytime I have tried, I always have to go through each individual page and re add the pictues which takes up too much of my time :(.

Thank you in advance:)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Take a quick study from these two posts: FIRST SECOND

With computer's being so logically "linear," there really is no alternative to doing things as required .... cutting corners simply makes things not perform!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Fanos Theo
              Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. That helped but if i transfer all files from my C: drive to a C: drive in a different pc in the exact same place would that work?

Just one more question.

If i am making a site for someone else and one of the pages lets call it "Current Projects" has pictures on there that needed to be updated a few times a month. Is there any way they can do this through control panel instead of updating it through bluevoda program?

Sorry if this is not the place to ask this but i would really like to know if this is possible.

Thanks Again

Comment

• navaldesign
                General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Hi Theo,

Transferring images from a computer to another won't (in most cases) work either, as only per pure coincidence the paths will be absolutely the same (only if you purposely create the Windows users in the second computer to be exactly the same as in the first one).

Regarding updating through CP instead of BV itself. Theoretically, you CAN do it. However, if the images have (as it would be normal to expect) different names / sizes, the result would be images not appearing or appearing distorted.

Your BEST bet is use BV itself, as this will also allow you to preview the look of the page after editing.

If the website needs often editing, you might need to consider a CMS application.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X