BlueFTP lessons needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueFTP lessons needed?

Hello, I recently added Porta to help display some pictures. I saved the file using the Porta program and tried to incorporate it into my site. It's not working so good? I went into the Blue ftp and tried to uploaded the folder into my.. public/html folder. Is this the correct place to upload? Once I did that, I tried to create a link from one of my pages and got a "enable javascript msg." I looked in my browser' tools and saw that Js. is enabled already?
    I'm not experienced enough in the FTP area to understand how and what I need to do to transfer files to the Bv site and then create a link to one of my pages. I would like to use another program I have, it's a coffeecup program, to do some other external things, as well. How would I get everything uploaded to Bv so that I can use it in my web site? Thanks.

Re: BlueFTP lessons needed?

You do not need to use BlueFTP, you can use anyftp program you like,click the below for a short list...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, thanks. How do I get the files linked to my appropriate page so they work? I've tried all the ways I know, but it's not working. Let's say I want to use a page, on my site called 3dcards, to show my pics using Porta. I built a blank page and saved it as 3dcards in BV. I used Porta to save all my pics and it's saved in a folder, in my_documents, called 3d_album. I then went to file manager and uploaded it to my public_html folder. This is where I'm stuck? How do I get my 3dcards page to load Porta when someone views the page? I'm not sure how to link and write the correct path(s) from my public/html to my page?

Comment

You use the link that was created when you build the porta photo album

that is the link that you will apply ...

Open your photo program and go to the album you created, you should see the url where you published it ...

You can then link any word or image to your album

For instance you could use the words Photo Album (to apply a text link, you highlight the word, go to insert and choose link, then type in the url of your album - check for this url in the Porta program where you created it ... it should tell you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X