How can I prevent printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I prevent printing

I want to show some pages from my ebook in my website. Is there anyway that I can lock viewers from printing those pages?

Re: How can I prevent printing

Theres no way to prevent people from printing.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

impossible.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Just pick non-essential pages that leave the reader WANTING MORE. Or, conversely, just pick portions of pages.

Paul

Comment

If you have a full version of Acrobat, you can protect the pdf document against printing. it is adviced to also password protect the pdf against editing. It is also recommended to put a copyright watermark of some kind in the background diagonally accross the pages before creating the pdf.

But as was said above by Watdaflip and VodaHost, you cannot entirely prevent someone from printing a document, if they can Printscreen or maybe breaking your document password. The pdf will just make it more difficult for some.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Hi there.

If you use Macromedia Dreamweaver you can easily select what people can print by making a print css document. This is easier than making the page in normal html format as you can just select to exclude all of the data on the page or even add in a comment such as "You cannot print this content."

There are some drawbacks:
            People can use a print screen to print it out.
            People can still copy the book in their html editor and change the print css.

There are some fairly good tutorials on this all on the adobe website under the adobe labs area of the site. It may be under another section but I know that there are some really good video tutorials on all of these sorts of things on their site.

Daniel

Tyres and Romantic Books

Comment

Working...
            X