Publishing a pdf for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing a pdf for download

I uploaded a pdf to my control panel, and copied and pasted the download link onto my site. When I click on the link, it opens up the file instead of downloading it. Is there a way for the user to just download it, without pressing the save button of adobe reader? I'd like people to download this book, but right now they can only read it, or press save on adobe.
    Here is the link. Under books, click Read! by the Death List. I'd really like this to be solved Thanks.
    Yap613sigpic

Re: Publishing a pdf for download

Hi ....Just set up your button, you are wanting the visitor to select, and point to that file. http://www.ursite/downloaditem.pdf Upload pdf using ftp manager... hope that helps...Doug

Comment

Actually, it's in file manager, but I did! It opens up, just doesn't open a save thing. When I click the link, an adobe screen with the book pops up!
      Yap613sigpic

Comment

Thats what it is supposed to do.. and then they can click the DISK icon and save it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I know. But is there a way to make it directly downloadable? I know pdfs have always downloaded straight to my computer when I click download.
          Yap613sigpic

Comment

Hi... I believe you need to set your computer/program preferences or tools to handle the pdf the way you want it to... there should be an option to save to pc...if the file what ever type of file is delivered to your computer... the website's job is done...maybe adobe is opening related files... Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Working...
            X