• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meljr2
    Corporal

• May 2006

Secure login pages in BlueVoda

Can BlueVoda let you create pages that are only accessable upon entering a password?
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Secure login pages in BlueVoda

Yes. In three ways:

1. Create a password protected folder, and publish the pages that you want to be accessible through password, in that folder. Usernames and passwords need to be manually created by you, in your CP and then you need to let the users know them.

2. Using a free, downloadable from the internet script. there are many, though they can hardly be customized.

3. using a paid for login script. Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginexamples.php
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• onicagirl
      Corporal

• Jun 2007

Hello, can you please check what is wrong why my login on my "peace" page, won't link to the "welcome" page of my magazine.

Also , I am having problems getting to the responses to my questions in the forum . I am still at a loss whenever I enter the forum.

Anyway, each time I login , I get an error message that reads "there is a programing error..." I am trying my best with the scripts, but I am stuck! Help! Thanks! ( I hope I can find your answer to my question)

www.ishimagazine.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by onicagirl View Post
        Hello, can you please check what is wrong why my login on my "peace" page, won't link to the "welcome" page of my magazine.

Also , I am having problems getting to the responses to my questions in the forum . I am still at a loss whenever I enter the forum.

Anyway, each time I login , I get an error message that reads "there is a programing error..." I am trying my best with the scripts, but I am stuck! Help! Thanks! ( I hope I can find your answer to my question)

www.ishimagazine.com

Hi looks to me that you have password protected your entire site ... when going to your link I am asked for username and password ... not sure that this is what you wanted to do ...

If you are having problems finding your own posts, choose your usename and then View your posts you have recently made ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• mrmagoo144
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Hello; I had sent you an email about 2 weeks ago about your linking problems and you never responded. Look up your threads and you will find some answers. I too cannot get onto your site. Good luck.
          Mrmagoo144
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• freddy971
            Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Naveldesign- How do I password protect the file I just created? I am needing to add a page to a site I run so as to transfer a copyright file of 1.2 GB to its owner. nothing illegal here it is video I took of a band and they want it and i gave them the copyright. I just gotta get it to them.
            Dave Van De Cappelle
            www.aSimpleLife.ca
            www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Create a folder. Password protect it. Upload the file in it (it will take hours!!!!). Then email the owner the username and the password for the folder, and simply provide him the link to the file, like www.yourdomain.com/passfolder/file.mp4 or whatever
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• onicagirl
                Corporal

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                Hi looks to me that you have password protected your entire site ... when going to your link I am asked for username and password ... not sure that this is what you wanted to do ...

If you are having problems finding your own posts, choose your usename and then View your posts you have recently made ...
                I created the password folder.
                I protected the directory(public html).
                But entry to my site requires the password.
                I only want the "peace" page using a password .
                I am doing some editing now, but will remove the password protection so that you may see the page in question.

Thanks, onicagirl

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You must NOT pass protect the entire public_html folder, you need to create a folder INSIDE public_html, pass protect it, and publish in that folder the protected page(s).
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• onicagirl
                    Corporal

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                    You must NOT pass protect the entire public_html folder, you need to create a folder INSIDE public_html, pass protect it, and publish in that folder the protected page(s).
                    TO: NAVALDESIGN
                    FR: ONICAGIRL

Thanks for your prompt and helpful responses to my queries. I will let you know if I am having anymore problems.

Comment

• Watdaflip
                      Major General

• Sep 2005

If you just want to password protect a file try using this

Register/Login Script
                      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
                      X