X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Browser Alignment Question

Originally posted by coffeegourmet View Post
    Naval,

The big problem is I have Firefox and IE 7 and they both display fine on both my desktop and my laptop, but others it won't!

So I went and checked the Bookmark this site script and it looked okay to me.. Here is what I have:

<A HREF="javascript:window.external.AddFavorite('http ://www.wehavepicnicbaskets.com','Wicker Picnic Baskets|Outdoor Recreation|Tailgating Supplies')">
    <B>Bookmark Us!</B> </A></DIV>

That is from my homepage. I do not see anything missing but maybe you do???

Also, as per collectors suggestion, I created a straight html page http://www.wehavepicnicbaskets.com/htmltest.html maybe you could check it in your Opera and Firefox browser. Please let me know if it turned out okay because I am totally at a loss here cause it will not show up messed up here!
    Delete the </DIV> from the bookmark code. There is no corresponding <DIV> tag. So, this one, is closing some other, previously defined div. Let me know when you are done.

Your test page is ok, probably because you have exluded the bookmark script. However, i would have excluded one script at a time, to see which is the guilty one. Try what i suggested and we will see.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay I went in and fixed the bookmark code on my index page so that it can be checked. I have already published it. I am now working my way through alphabetically to change all of the codes. I just wondered if someone could view it and see if it fixed it or not, than we know where we are at in things!

Thanks again!
      My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

YOU DID IT!! WORKS GREAT NOW! No overlapping on my end!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

It worked? Cool! Okay I am deleting the other tags as we speak.

You did it!
          No I cannot, and will not, take credit for it. It was Naval Design who noticed the extra code in there. I looked at it this morning when I got home and did not see that it did not belong in there.

Funny how that would mess up a page so bad!
          My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

Naval is the Man!! I think everyone on this forum that has been here awhile knows that. He has helped me out a lot in the past. Ok, maybe you won't take credit, however, you have been patient with the process, followed forum protocol and have been pleasent to try and help. Thank you for that. Hopefully others will come back and confirm that your site is all ok in other browsers as well.
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Cool. Problem solved both in FF and Opera. Congratulations!!
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Problem solved and big thanks to you! I am new to this html, php etc... and never noticed that the tag was not supposed to be there!

I have now fixed it on every page so I should be good to go! In the future I will make sure I use the proper code for bookmarking!

Now.... one more thing Naval,since you know this stuff well!

Can you have a quick look at my coffee site.. and maybe tell me why the scroll is so choppy on it. It does not do it on my picnic site, just this one... and I am clueless as to why!

I am learning bit by bit though!

Comment

Choppy ?
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Yeah when you scroll up and down.... it looks like it is trying to play catch up! You will see when you look at it.

Comment

Well, i can see that the browser delays a bit to redraw the screen, but that is normal with all that content. At least i believe so.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                      X