• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bpflyr
    First Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Change something on every page

I'm sure this has been posted, I just can't find it.

If I change some text that has a hyperlink on it from, say, "Gallery" to "Home" (the hyperlink remains the same), is there a way that I can change it on all 30 pages without individually typing it in, setting the style, etc.?

Do I have to open ALL 30 pages and do the change? That seems to take longer than the change itself!

Thanks!
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Change something on every page

Hi bp... seems to me that you would have to change each and every link...on each page ... unless all the pages share some sort of php based text...Doug

Comment

• larazovich
      General

• Jul 2006

This is Naval's method for making a menu (or anything really) on one page that you can use as a php include on many or all of pages. Then when you need to change a link, you just change it on that one page and 'like magic' it is fixed on all pages..
      I use it and it works wonderfully well. Sounds alot harder than it is, actually, and his directions are really good.
      Have at it, and good luck
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Dream Lady
        Major General

• Feb 2006

I second that Liz! I use Naval's form as well for my menu's. After changing my menus on every page for something little, it got a little old after a while, so then I found Naval's form script. It was easy to follow and did take a little time to convert, but well worth it!!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• bpflyr
          First Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Thank you all! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
          X