• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WebMagic
    First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

How to make an MP3 file downloadable?

Hello Voda Folks!

I know from reading posts that I need to make my file "downloadable" by linking it properly.

I am able to set up the Windows Media player just fine - so the file plays on the given page.

I'm trying to give people the option of downloading it rather than listening to it right then.

I don't know what to link it to. Can someone jump in and help me with this?

Best regards,
    WebMagic
    Personal Life Coach

PowerLife! Solutions for Change
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: How to make an MP3 file downloadable?

Hi, you will need to either upload your file via ftp or insert the file into the media player and publish your page, (I think you have that part down pat)

In so far as the link ... you do it like this

You will, as always, need the exact name of the file with it's exact extension ..

If you apply that link on your page, either just in type or you could make a fancy icon for it if you like, (either way, you need to link up the text or the icon) and the user then just right clicks and selects "Save Target as" .. this will download the file to their computer .. you might want to make a note about that if you like on your page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• WebMagic
      First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Re: How to make an MP3 file downloadable?

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
      Hi, you will need to either upload your file via ftp or insert the file into the media player and publish your page, (I think you have that part down pat)

In so far as the link ... you do it like this

You will, as always, need the exact name of the file with it's exact extension ..

If you apply that link on your page, either just in type or you could make a fancy icon for it if you like, (either way, you need to link up the text or the icon) and the user then just right clicks and selects "Save Target as" .. this will download the file to their computer .. you might want to make a note about that if you like on your page.
      Thank You, LadyEye!

My glitch was in not publishing the page first. Didn't want it out there too soon - however - there isn't anything pointing to it yet, so no big deal. I will be pointing to it all over the place very soon! (As soon as I can figure out how to handle RSS feeds and all their various scripts! What a process!) I'm attempting to do regular Podcast shows, with an full-length interview about once a month.

I'm so happy to have had a response so quickly. Many, many thanks!

WebMagic,
      Personal Life Coach & Writer

PowerLife! Solutions for Change

Comment

Working...
      X