• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jez
    Private First Class

• Jul 2007

Paypal Integration Help!

Hi, I have just published my first site (www.stopthatbarkingdog.com) but would like some help with the Paypal integration. I have used the 'Buy Now' button from the BV Paypal buttons and set up the button as in the tutorial. The good news is that when you click on it, it goes through to Paypal, but you either have to already have an account with Paypal, or sign up for a new account, before you can pay by credit card.

I know that Paypal offer a service whereby a customer can pay without having to register for a Paypal account. Is there a way of making my buttons do this?

Thanks for everyones help, I'm almost there!
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Paypal Integration Help!

They only need to have a PayPal account if you are using the subscription feature. Otherwise they just make a purchase as normal.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Jez
      Private First Class

• Jul 2007

Thanks for the quick reply but I'm not using the subscription feature. In the properties for the 'buy now'button, I have copied my Paypal email address. If you click on any of the 'buy now' buttons, you are taken to a Paypal page that asks you to either log in to your Paypal account or create one. You cannot simply pay for your item if you do not already have a Paypal account, or do not want to create one?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

I just clicked your buy now button...it works fine...All paypal wants is a few details...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• pristinelife
          Captain

• Apr 2007

Originally posted by Jez View Post
          Hi, I have just published my first site (www.stopthatbarkingdog.com) but would like some help with the Paypal integration. I have used the 'Buy Now' button from the BV Paypal buttons and set up the button as in the tutorial. The good news is that when you click on it, it goes through to Paypal, but you either have to already have an account with Paypal, or sign up for a new account, before you can pay by credit card.

I know that Paypal offer a service whereby a customer can pay without having to register for a Paypal account. Is there a way of making my buttons do this?

Thanks for everyones help, I'm almost there!
          i clicked your webpage, does this product silence a neighbor's dog or just our own pets?

Enquiring minds want to know Thanks
          Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
          Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

• Dream Lady
            Major General

• Feb 2006

I just clicked your buy now and since I have a paypay account, it asked me if I wanted to log in. But I didn't. Instead I clicked the continue link over to the bottom left where it gave me other options to pay. When I did that, it came up just fine to let me pay. So I think it is working great and you don't need a paypal account.
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Jez
              Private First Class

• Jul 2007

Thanks everyone to take the time to see if it works and to 'pristinelife', the answer to your question is that it works for your or your neighbours dog!

Comment

Working...
              X