LightBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightBox

I have the following problem with LightBox.

I am building a website where a bunch of pages have the same layout.
    I therefore made a page, saved and published it, saved it under the next name, replacing the item's from the previous page with the new data.

In the "lightbox" section I delete the old pictures and insert the new one's, without changing any of the LB's settings.
    Much to my surprise and only every now and then the requested format of 90x90 is not working properly.
    Sometimes it help's to delete the lightbox, save the page, exit BlueVoda, restart BlueVoda and redefine the lightbox, but .... sometimes it doesn't.

Does anyone out there have a solution for me ??

Rob

Re: LightBox

Hi Rob,

There is no problem if you want to do 100 pages with the same template.
    For every new Light Box gallery you want to do you should delete the old light box gallery and drag a new one in its place and reload with new pictures and then save as a new gallery i.e. /gallery_1, /gallery_2 and so on. However ensure all the images or photos are stored in a folder in the
    "C:/My Document/Blue Voda/your photo folder name.

The photos used in BV must never be moved out of this folder otherwise your BV webpage will show an empty box with an "x" in the place holder of the image.

The photos to be stored and used in the LB is the output size that you would like your visitors to view. My preference is to set the height of every photo to "600pixels". It is not necessary to install thumbs as the thumbs will be automatically generated by LB the size of which will be dependant on the columns and rows chosen by you in the LB properties and also the number of photos inserted by you in the particular page. The more photos the page holds the smaller the thumbs generated by the LB.

You can also resize the thumbs manually depending on the area of space you have allocated for the light box by manouvering the ear of the LB at the bottom right hand corner.

90 x 90 is far to small. When you view your LB gallery in IE or Firefox you
    will notice that the LB will stretch your tiny photo and it will not be *****
    any more at least that was what happened when I uploaded 300 x 300pix into my photo galleries.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Re: LightBox

Rob,

Another point that I would like to highlight is BV enables you to clone any webpage in your website.
      Open a new page by selecting "New" the 1st icon on the far left of the toolbar. Then click or select the 2nd icon on the same toolbar which is
      "Clone Page" and goto the folder of your choice and select the page that you want to clone.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
      X