• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Blue Voda Graphics Question!

Hi, I have done a little search on what seems to be the best screen resolution to set at for web browsing. 1024 X 768 (this is what my one is set at) seems to be the best from the info I can find on nearly all sites. This & the old 600x800 for small monitors is still very common used for web browsing.
    I set my one to toms 1280 x 800 & everything looked fine on your site, but didn’t like browsing the rest of the web with it on my monitor.

Reasonably big monitors have finally become the most common class of desktop computer screen, dethroning the 1024x768 resolution that was long the target for web design.

This article provides an overview of browser statistics and also best practices for designing websites for mobile and desktop screens. It is intended for web designers and developers who want to create responsive, user-friendly websites that perform well across different devices and screen resolutions.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Dream Lady
      Major General

• Feb 2006

I have my screen set to 1280 X 1024 and at max screen there is no sideways scroll. However, I must say, that when I view pages, I don't have ususally have it set to maximize, as I like to see other items I may have open. Just a personal thing for me. But when I restore down there is major sideways scroll even if I stretch it right or left. Only if I max my screen do I get rid of the sideways scroll.
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Tom vR
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Chris, I just forgot to mention; those settings in post 15 above is my default setting on my wide screen desktop, so it will not look great on your desktop. Also, I have tested it with the desktop and with the same setting as what Dream Lady has and there is no side scrolling, but the horizontal scrollbar is visible.

I'm sure it is that header image and copyright text causing the sideways scrolling. I'm not sure, but it looks like she has dragged that image to fit accross the entire screen. Is their a way to make that header image fluent with some coding? Sinisa wants that image to be displayed accross the entire width of the screen, but if it can auto adjust for any type of screen resolution, it may solve the problem.

Chris, I know you are full of ideas, so do you have any like this? Or anyone else on this forum?
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Hi, I think most of the articles for web browsing relate to the majority of viewers. I set my viewing up for what the majority will see when making any pages.
          On the auto length & width adjustments “fluidity/Liquid pages” there is this type of page LINK, but doing the whole site this way wouldn’t be that easy with BV.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Tom vR
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Thanks Chris, I'm aware of the link you gave, but that is for making liquid pages, but I was actually wondering if that could not be possible with just an image (not the page).
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

• sinisa72@gmail.com
              Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

Thank you everyone it would be great if the imiges could adjust themselves but as chris said it would be pain to rework everything and I have to add about 60 morree pages I will never finish this..

What you think would be optimum for what I want ( basically I want the gif to be across the screen as it makes ( in my opinion ) a fuller looking page )
              Say 1024 x 768 to accommodate majority of users?
              Ragards

Comment

• Tom vR
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Now I feel like an idiot... In post 18 I said it was my default settings on my desktop. Desktop??? I meant Laptop (spelling blunder when you are in a hurry).... No wonder I did not understand your comment on that Chris.

Sinisa, if I may make a suggestion, than I would make that image as wide as the page. If you make your page 1000 than it would look super.
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Might have somthing here? You can have a solid bar across the top of the page in all resolutions, but it would be done with a by a bit of stolen BV code. Lol
                  Place the code below in your page HTML properties under “Between head tag” area. Then preview. It should come out as a background image repeating horizontally.
                  Then pace your http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/1119_01.png image in the top corner of the BV page. It seems ok in FF & IE, but have a test 1st.
                  Good luck.

HTML Code:
                  <style type="text/css">
                  <!--
                  body {background-image: url(http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/1119a_02.gif); background-repeat:repeat-x;;background-position:left top;}
                  /* Setting the body tag with a background-image attribute
                  (repeat is the default setting) */
                  -->
                  </style>
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Tom vR
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Wow, Chris. I knew you would come up with the code. It works perfectly and should be perfect for Sinisa's site.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

• sinisa72@gmail.com
                      Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

Thank you Chris very much...it works great with http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/airbrushes.html but where am I wrong with http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/aboutus.html
                      it's not working,
                      Best regards

Comment

• sinisa72@gmail.com
                        Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

Sorry ...It must have been a glitch...it works perfect
                        Thank you Very Very much....I am so happy about this!!!
                        Best regards to both Chris and Tom vR

P.S What can we do about search engine box
                        Does anyone know if we can have inspire blue voda to obtain a customizable search box in next couple of weeks ( make a script or get an open source script and integrate it in the blue voda web builder we could all benefit )

Comment

• Collectors-info
                          General

• Feb 2006

Hi, it would be nice if this was part of BV. Its ironic that the Form maker pro & Vote pro that BV supply free of charge are by (I think) the same company.
                          http://www.site-search-pro.com/

Good luck.
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• sinisa72@gmail.com
                            Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

Thanks Chris , I will try it out they have a return policy,
                            Best regards and thank you ever so much again , that script is a killer
                            Sinisa

Comment

• sinisa72@gmail.com
                              Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

Hello Chris,
                              Could you advise me on something ,
                              I have been using the script ( fitting the image across the top to avoid the scroll bar ) you gave me very successfully on all my pages except on the index page on which I am working right now.
                              Am I doing something I should not be...The background image is
                              not responding to the command to stretch across the top? Please help,
                              Regards
                              Sinisa

Comment

• Collectors-info
                                General

• Feb 2006

Hi, i may have this wrong, but it seem the code is asking/calling for an image that is not there? This one- http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/035a.jpeg is it the right URL? & is the image on your sever?
                                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                                X