• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaswizard
    Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

drop boxes do line line when viewed on a mac, ok when viewed on pc

I was over at a friends house and when I viewed my website on his Mac and I saw that all my drop boxes did not line up. This made my website look very unprofessional. When I got back home I viewed my website from my pc and all the drop boxes are lined up just fine. Why is that? Any help from fellow vodahosters would be much appreciated.

Thank You, Paul

gaswizard

www.qualitylighting.net
  • gaswizard
    Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

My drop boxes do not line up when viewed on a mac, ok when viewed on pc

I had to retype my title. I had made an error in the spelling of the title. When I was over a friends house and viewed my website from his MAC I saw that all my drop boxes did not line up. This made my website look very unprofessional. When I got home I viewed my website from my PC and all the drop boxes line up just fine. Why is that? And how can I fix this problem? Any help from my fellow vodahosters would be very helpful.

Thank You, Paul

gaswizard

www.qualitylighting.net

Comment

• Jeremy
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: drop boxes do line line when viewed on a mac, ok when viewed on pc

Hey,

Internet Explorer reads coding the wrong and messy way. You will notice that Firefox and Safari run on the same concept and understand coding the right way.

If you change someone thing to make it look good on the Safari browser (which is possible) .. it might screw up the Internet Explorer version of your website.

.. so look at HTML boxes that you've added, if it's not that, then BlueVoda just has to clean out its coding soon ..
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• gaswizard
        Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Jeremy, I think I understand you. Interenet explorer does not read code properly and when I added my drop boxes I put them in all lined up incorrectly (which I did when I previewed the drop boxes before I published them they are not lined up but when I published them they are all lined up) so when a MAC user is viewing my site they see that I have drop boxes messed up and anyone who is using Internet explorer sees that all my drop boxes and in line.

Is that correct? And if so, can I change what I have done to correct this, how would do I do this?

Thank You, Paul

Gaswizard

www.qualitylighting.net

Comment

• Jeremy
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey,

Was this done in BlueVoda? .. or an other application like Dreamweaver? Also, is there images that are missing when vieweing it on Safari?
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• gaswizard
            Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Jeremy, My website was built in Bluevoda. I am not familiar with safari. When I view my website I view it through internet explorer. Paul

Comment

• Jeremy
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

When you view the website on a MAC .. you are using Safari, not Internet Explorer.

When you're on a Windows platform, you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox or all those other ones.

If you built it in BlueVoda, you just have to look at any HTML Boxes or scripts or anything that you added that might be interupting with your drop downs, can you give me the link to your site?

I would like to go check it out in Firefox (same thing as if you were on a mac).
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• gaswizard
                Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Jeremy, Here is a link to my website; www.qualitylighting.net

On my computor we are using windows XP and have microsoft internet explorer on our browser.

Paul and Thank You very much for putting in time for me.

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Please provide a link to the problematic page. By drop box you mean dropdown lists of a form ?
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Jeremy
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Where is the drop down? Is it the navigational menu, or on some page? If it is on a specific page you will need to give it to us tell us where it is if you want us to help :)
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• gaswizard
                      Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Jeremy and General, It is my navigation drop down menus that do not line up when viewed on MAC. On my pc with windows internet explorer it is fine. My website is www.qualitylighting.net

If you view my news, about us, or lighting drop navigation menu on a MAC the navigation menu with the drop boxes do not line up at all. The news, about us, and lighting are messed up and make my website look very amature and no professional.

Has this happened before?

How can I correct this?

Thank You, Paul

gaswizard

Comment

• gaswizard
                        Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

And it is on every page. Every page has a navigation menu with a drop down navigation and on the MAC they do not line up.

www.qualitylighting.net

Thank You, Paul

gaswizard

Comment

• gaswizard
                          Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

You would need to view my website on a MAC to see what I am typing about.

Paul

gaswizard

www.qualitylighting.net

Comment

• navaldesign
                            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

It is NOT a MAC problem, it is your problem, and it is also visile in IE, FF and Safari in windows PCs.
                            You have (i believe) created sepaate menus instead of a using a single menu. You have one for News, one for About us, and one for Lighting. Instead, the rest of the items in your navigation are text links.

replace the entire menubar with a unique one. Where you need subitems, (news, about, lighting) add them, where you don't need them (rest of the navigation bar) simply dont add any.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• gaswizard
                              Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

That makes sense. You just gave me a royal headache with having to revamp my website but I will do that. Thank You so much and I very grateful.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X