Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure of the category ...

Hi.

I am a self-taught designer (meaning there are LOTS of things I don't know!) who is pretty proud of the site he's designed but I have had a hard time finding out the answer to this:

My site has (or will have now that I am adding drop down menus with BV) a visually consistent top section with a Flash movie and menu, the same background throughout the pages, and just the main section of info changing on each page.

I AM redesigning the entire site with BV as the original has been cobbled together as my HTML knowledge has grown and improved. There are LOTS of bugs in my current site, and I want it to be clean and streamlined (so, THANK YOU BV for coming along).

I would like to have the visually consistent top part to become a "header" meaning a new top section doesn't have to load for each click on the menu, just the main section info loads. Does this make sense? If you check out my website on my current host (haven't added drop-down menus or moved it over to VodaHost yet- www.bohotheatre.com), you can see that everytime you click on a menu link, the flash movie and everything reloads because it is a completely new page.

Does anyone here have advice for what script to use, or technique to apply to accomplish this? I have tried to find info on how to do this to no avail (it may be something very simple that I have just not seen).

I am afraid there is going to be some terribly confusing script that I have to use (or write), and I may just have to settle for the way I have it laid out now (which isn't terrible). I have tried to get into PHP more deeply than a simple e-mail form submission, all to no avail.

Wow. My first post as a newbie to Voda, and it's a LOT longer than I anticipated!

Thanks for reading (and hopefully responding).

Re: Not sure of the category ...

Hi, the only thing I can think of to keeping the header & menu area constant is using inline frames. The only down side on this, is the se’s may not find you quite so easy.
    The better way would be the CCS style. There are some samples here. http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/layouts/

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Not sure of the category ...

I was thinking the same thing about an i-frame. The SE thing is an issue.

Will look into the CSS arena. Not my strongest point, but I will give it a look-see.

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
      X