X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display question

Hi all,

Hope somebody can help me with this.

I built my website through blue voda which all went well, i started to publish my site which was all ok. I then asked a few friends to have a look (which we all prob. have done) but some of the replies i got was different to what i could see. out of 10 people 6 said it was great the other 4 said the font was over into the picture & it wasnt centred (was to the bottom right of the screen). here are a couple of pics for examples.

Could anybody please give me some advice.

Thanks Martin

Re: Problem after publishing

every computer has diffrent settings, looks like #1 has enlarged his display font.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Display question

provide us a link and we will take a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Most users have the font size of their browser set to medium, and they are 90% of the users. Some have it set to large, extra large, small etc. So you should use settings for that 90%.

The fonts are different because #2 doesn't have that particular font installed on his computer. That's why it is important that you use web safe fonts: Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, Times New Roman and a few more.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Here is a link to my site so you can see what it does for you.

www.aandmphotography.co.uk

picture 2 is of my screen, picture 1 is my wifes office screen.

Comment

Also... just in case you wanted to know for future reference to take a picture of what is on your monitor you don't need to take out a camera. There is a button on your keyboard labeled "Print Screen" or some shorter term like "Prt Scn". You just hit that key and it takes a picture and stores it in your clipboard. You just have to paste it into paint and save it.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I can see the page is centered ok, however, you have set the width to be 1230 so it will never actually center it, unless the usefull browser window is larger than that. Set the page width to be the same as your theme (approx 800 from what i see).

The menu text is huge. I would make it almost half or 60% of what it is. No overlaps because i have my browser font size set to medium
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                The fonts are different because #1 doesn't have that particular font installed on his computer. That's why it is important that you use web safe fonts: Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, Times New Roman and a few more.
                Exactly.....(telltale sign of this is the incongruent format translation....or in simple terms, "the overlapping of text by objects and images" and "the font defaulting to Arial")
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X