Transferring website responsibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring website responsibilities

My client currently has blue voda on her computer and has registered her domain. She has decided she would instead like for me take over publishing and maintaining this site. I know I can download the program but am not sure if she will be able to transfer the domain and all publishing access to me on my computer. We are in different states so I cannot work on her computer. Please advise what steps we will need to take to make this work. Thank you.

Re: Transferring website responsibilities

Originally posted by Patz View Post
    My client currently has blue voda on her computer and has registered her domain. She has decided she would instead like for me take over publishing and maintaining this site. I know I can download the program but am not sure if she will be able to transfer the domain and all publishing access to me on my computer. We are in different states so I cannot work on her computer. Please advise what steps we will need to take to make this work. Thank you.
    Hi, not sure if you client already has a voda hosting account, but thought I should mention this - she will also need a hosting account before you are able to publish the website you will create with the free blue voda software, this is in addition to a domain name ...

Once all of this is in place ... your client can simply email you the log in details and you will download blue voda, begin working on the site, and then publish according to the information provided when the voda hosting account is opened.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Ladyeye,

I have a similar issue and could use some guidance

In a couple of months, someone else will take over running our site.

I assume that once I switch the account to her email and name, that she could then download Bluevoda. I can transfer the file to her and she can continue.

I can change the billin info, address, email, etc. but, I can't change the client name.

Any input would be apprecated
      Steve

www.cphscelebrities.org

Comment

Originally posted by steve1958 View Post
        Hi Ladyeye,

I have a similar issue and could use some guidance

In a couple of months, someone else will take over running our site.

I assume that once I switch the account to her email and name, that she could then download Bluevoda. I can transfer the file to her and she can continue.

I can change the billin info, address, email, etc. but, I can't change the client name.

Any input would be apprecated
        All depends what you are trying to do. I make many many sites for clients using BV. I usually open the accounts myself, which gives total control to me.

However I have taken over people's sites. As Lady says, all you need is their log in details, publishing details etc. You don't need to change their email or account name unless they are handing you their site for you to own.

If you have made a site for a client and then want to hand over the whole thing, including future hosting bills etc then just raise a support ticket giving them new contact details of your client. I had to do this once and it was a 5 minute handover, very simple.

If someone is taking over one of YOUR sites for you, then all they need is your log-in details and NOTHING ELSE. Why do you want to give them your billing details? You can carry on being billed and stay in control of your account, they can take over the day-to-day running.

Hope that helps?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Steve:

I have my clients register for their own hosting and domain name, I build and maintain their sites, but at the same time, their website and their account is their's as well as their domain name. It is very important that you maintain control of your website in your own name, there are many reasons for this, you don't want the well being of your website or business in the control of someone else, this means even a webmaster. My opinion.

With that being said, for another webmaster to take over maintaining your account, you can email them the blue voda files, all images as well and they will need to do a bit of rebuilding, e.g., reinserting images, etc., as these do not transfer along, and they will republish the pages on their end. Another method of transferring files is having the new webmaster import the pages you have built with Blue Voda. If you need help with this let us know, there are threads around letting you know how to exactly do this.

Again, I would like to say, "Keep Control of Your Website" ... someone else can do the work, but you should maintain the control with billing, domain name, registrations and all, in my opinion.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye !

This is a question about copyright and ownership of the site. While my site is hosted by VodaHost, am I the copyright owner? If I should want to transfer hosting (e.g. to our own client server), what transfers over? The entire site and code? The Templates? Only certain elements? What about my created content?

scottdowd

Comment

When you transfer a site, only the domain name is transfered. It is your own responsibility to transfer the content, whatever that is (files, images, scripts, database info etc) before closing the account. Please note that BV will not publish to non VH servers.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X