Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fonts and colors

Hi
    I wonder if anyoen has any suggestions? When I preview or publish any changes I make in BV in the font, colour and background images I am not able to see them using my browsers IE& and FF. To date I have for both browsers
    Cleared cache/history/temp files
    Run Ccleaner twice
    Run con something in the run box as suggested by my new friend at BVoda Liz.
    Unplugged the internet connection
    Rebooted half a dozen times.
    Hit the F5 button the same number....often
    Reinstalled BV
    Checked cookies enabled.
    Waited patiently two nights
    and still I have the problem.

Anyone.....any suggestions? I am finding it extremly frustrating as I have to go down the road to a friends to see the changes I am making and too be honest I am all coffeed out!

Thank you

Debbie
    www.mylastwishesinfrance.com

Re: Problem fonts,colour and changes in BVoda

Have you corrected this situation or do you still require help?

Looks like you have???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by dandia View Post
      Hi
      I wonder if anyoen has any suggestions? When I preview or publish any changes I make in BV in the font, colour and background images I am not able to see them using my browsers IE& and FF. To date I have for both browsers
      Cleared cache/history/temp files
      Run Ccleaner twice
      Run con something in the run box as suggested by my new friend at BVoda Liz.
      Unplugged the internet connection
      Rebooted half a dozen times.
      Hit the F5 button the same number....often
      Reinstalled BV
      Checked cookies enabled.
      Waited patiently two nights
      and still I have the problem.

Anyone.....any suggestions? I am finding it extremly frustrating as I have to go down the road to a friends to see the changes I am making and too be honest I am all coffeed out!

Thank you

Debbie
      www.mylastwishesinfrance.com
      When you get the solution, P-L-E-A-S-E let ME know. I've been through the same with one of my pages too and have done all you've done, (including reformatting my HD) and its still embarrassing me as this is important health info that can possibly save a life and I cannot fix this problem I've had for 3 mths since I've created the page. Just email me at admin@ourjourneytolife.com when you find the solution that fixes your page. I would really appreciate it as my mission is "to make the world a healthier place, one person at a time." THANK YOU in advance
      Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
      Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

Pristine ... if this is just happening with one of your pages, the problem is not the same ...

Dandia is having a cache problem since she is able to view the changes on other computers ...

Now Pristine - what have you done to this page you show here???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          Pristine ... if this is just happening with one of your pages, the problem is not the same ...

Dandia is having a cache problem since she is able to view the changes on other computers ...

Now Pristine - what have you done to this page you show here???
          All I've done to that page was what everyone suggested me to do before. It shows up perfect in BVWPB but NOT on any browsers and I don't know why.

Holly, when I first asked for help in May/June with this very same problem, I was told it was a cache problem. I did all I was advised to do by others here and just about gave up until I saw Dandia's post today. I was even told it was 'gremlins' by someone, which at the time I figured I'd just drop the matter as I had more pages at that time on the back burner to create and publish and didn't want to upset anyone with my insistence of getting that one page fixed. So I dropped the matter, created the other 20+ pages, until today when I saw this thread.

If mine is NOT a cache problem, then what, in your opinion could it be and how do I fix it once and for all? It makes me sick to see that page up but I'm not giving up on it as I believe it contains valuable info that may save someone's life. Thanks in advance
          Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html

Comment

You two ladies are not perhaps publishing your updated pages to a folder other than the one it was originally published to?
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
              You two ladies are not perhaps publishing your updated pages to a folder other than the one it was originally published to?
              HUH??? Would you please elaborate on that statement Tom? I'm publishing it the same as the other 20 sites and they're not as messed up as this one is. What I do is:

create/edit page
              click "save"
              check links (if any)
              publish

Is there another way? Please advise. Thank you Tom

Comment

Hi Pristine

Here is what I see when I view the page ... it looks very distorted ... is this what you see???

Pristine, Tom is wondering if you have another domain that you may be publishing to instead .. I think you have only one domain though, so this is not your issue ..
                Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

No, what I actually meant is this: Normally you would publish to your main failder public_html/

Many people like to create some sub-folders here, right? Now I was just wondering whether or not these two ladies have not perhaps accidentaly published the revised pages to any sub-folder. The original pages could originally have been published to the main folder and all links are linking to it (in the main folder). Now if you have perhaps updated a page, but this time published it to a sub-folder, the links will still call up the old page in the main folder.

I was just wondering about this. Maybe just check it out. Use Blue FTP and check the content of the subfolders (if any).
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Hi All

I don't have any subfolders. And I really appreciate the extra heads on this problem. Its only the background image I cannot see, everything else is OK and I can make changes and publish and see them. When I lace my cursor over the spaces in the text i get dandelion clock come up which is what I have called my image but I can' see it.

Debbie

Comment

I don't have any subfolders. And I really appreciate the extra heads on this problem. Its only the background image I cannot see, everything else is OK and I can make changes and publish and see them. When I lace my cursor over the spaces in the text i get dandelion clock come up which is what I have called my image but I can' see it.
                      Could you perhaps rename that image in BV, insert in again and repulish? Just do it on one or two pages - just to test.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                        Hi Pristine

Here is what I see when I view the page ... it looks very distorted ... is this what you see???

Pristine, Tom is wondering if you have another domain that you may be publishing to instead .. I think you have only one domain though, so this is not your issue ..
                        Yes LadyEye, that's EXACTLY what I see, yet I do not see it that way in bvwb, its perfect there, until I publish it, then it's a mess.

Comment

Heythere pristine
                          what a dillemma/
                          I ran the url http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/myths.html through the site report card at this site: http://www.sitereportcard.com/
                          and noticed the load time didn't score so well.
                          Then I had a look at what was the longest to load and it was an image with the name: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/db11...LOGGLEGFJKINHF

and the other one that seemed to have an issue was this one:
                          The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

Try publishing without the babelfish thing, see if that makes a difference.
                          Then see if you can figure out what image the first oneis referring to and try renaming it with no caps, see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, try recreating the page, one element at a time until you find theh culprit..

Tedious I know, but if I was at my wits end about a page I would probably do that..

or rebuild the whole thing from scratch ..but rename all images carefully, no caps or spaces, etc..

good luck
                          Liz
                          www.sebastopolparty.com
                          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi Pristine,

I see excactly what Lady Eye saw.

I have found your myths.bvp file and downloaded it to my PC. I have also downloaded your bv01086.gif file. It seems that this image has been dragged out of porportion in BV, or else it is in some other box, I'm not sure.

Then I rebuilt your site by deleting the placeholder for the image and I've just re-inserted the image with BV's Image button. I published the page on my site and then that page 3 image (bv01086.gif) shows perfectly.

So, here is what I suggest you do: In BV, delete this bv01086.gif file, re-insert it with the Image button, save the page and re-publish. If that does not work, then rename this image and repeat the above.
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
                              Heythere pristine
                              what a dillemma/
                              I ran the url http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/myths.html through the site report card at this site: http://www.sitereportcard.com/
                              and noticed the load time didn't score so well.
                              Then I had a look at what was the longest to load and it was an image with the name: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/db11...LOGGLEGFJKINHF

and the other one that seemed to have an issue was this one:
                              The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

Try publishing without the babelfish thing, see if that makes a difference.
                              Then see if you can figure out what image the first oneis referring to and try renaming it with no caps, see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, try recreating the page, one element at a time until you find theh culprit..

Tedious I know, but if I was at my wits end about a page I would probably do that..

or rebuild the whole thing from scratch ..but rename all images carefully, no caps or spaces, etc..

good luck
                              Thank you larazovich, I'll do that one of these days, but what I don't understand is that there is NO images in the content of that webpage, it's just text on a template and banners from Babel, BlueVodaAffiliate and maybe a couple of google ads, very similiar to what's on this page which has no problems with it.

I thank everyone for their input and will let y'all know if I was ever able to correct it at a future date. God bless, y'all the greatest folks I've met in BVodaland.

Comment

Working...
                              X