X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Domain Or Add On Domain?

client 9719 http://www.bradkimball.com
    1. index page on web: bradkimball.com
    2. bottom of index page is a link button that I want to link to page #2: bradsforceisstrong (brads force is strong)
    3. studied cpanel, read forum remarks, studied tutorials
    4. Question: should bradsforceisstrong be considered an add on domain or a sub domain.
    MAYBE I CAN GET TWO QUESTIONS
    ANSWERED FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!!!
    1. On index page and page #2 how should the link read on each page in order to link them together?
    2. Ready to publish page 2. Anxious! Getting figity! Ready to go!!
    Thanks, Linda

Re: Sub Domain Or Add On Domain?

It won't be an addon domain. An addon domain would only be used if you registered bradsforceisstrong.com, and wanted to create a second, completly different website.

You can make this a subdomain, which would make the page

Or you can just make it a normal page, and create

In which case just name the page "bradsforceisstrong" and publish it, and then make the link on your index to "bradsforceisstrong.html"

Now if you want to go the route of making a subdomain, then each subdomain acts like a new domain connected to the main domain, so each subdomain will have its own index page as well. So when you publish to a subdomain (or folder/directory), make sure that you publishing to "public_html/subdomain_name" (replacing subdomain_name with the actual name of the subdomain)

Hope that helps, post back if it doesn't

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Sub Domain Or Add On Domain?

Thanks for the info!
      1. Published second page(bradsforceisstrong)
      2. Made changes in CPanel
      3. Made link from second page(bradsforceisstrong)to index and it works.
      4. Made link from index to second page but that is not working. I get an error message that page does not exist. I remember from index page publishing it takes a few days for a page to appear on the net so don't know yet if link from index to second is working.
      5. Another problem - on (bradsforceisstrong) at top of page where it says Read my story
      bradkimball.com I can not get the bradkimball.com to be yellow type with black background. Have tried changing in the hyperlink style, have tried to change using the format option.
      Even worse is when I preview the (bradsforceisstrong) bradkimball.com comes out burgundy. Barely readable.
      6. I've tried all I know to do to change type
      Have any ideas watdaflip?
      Thanks for all the help.
      Linda

Comment

Working...
      X