My Internet Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Internet Connection

Wasnt really sure what else i could do and after almost a week of sifting through almost all the threads couldn't find one relating to tutorial problems. Not an understanding problem merely a tutorial doesn't fully load problem. Every time i try to start a tutorial it starts to load and work but then freezes after about three seconds. Have so far only watched one full tutorial and that was on templates. I am pretty sure that it is because of my ****py internet connection as we are still working on copper wires here in kenya. However that is not going to help so i was wondering if there was any other way to get hold of the tutorials...do you offer a CD or something!!! other wise am going to have to keep bumbling through and asking loads of stupid questions. would really appreciate the help.
    Luke

Re: Tutorial problems

Originally posted by Luke Davey View Post
    Wasnt really sure what else i could do and after almost a week of sifting through almost all the threads couldn't find one relating to tutorial problems. Not an understanding problem merely a tutorial doesn't fully load problem. Every time i try to start a tutorial it starts to load and work but then freezes after about three seconds. Have so far only watched one full tutorial and that was on templates. I am pretty sure that it is because of my ****py internet connection as we are still working on copper wires here in kenya. However that is not going to help so i was wondering if there was any other way to get hold of the tutorials...do you offer a CD or something!!! other wise am going to have to keep bumbling through and asking loads of stupid questions. would really appreciate the help.
    Luke

Hi there, have a read of my Blue Voda Tips, this will surely get you started.

You can read as well as download in a pdf format to your computer for reading later or as you go ...

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

brill looks awesome thanks..now am having another foolish problem...i am hoping to register my domain name now and as i was skimming through the terms of service found note on a free domain in section 8.2... i only signed up a few days ago although i downloaded the website builder ages ago... is it still possible to get that free domain name after i have signed up or do i need to pay for one now...oh and another thing...what are the voda host packages...???
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Davey View Post
        brill looks awesome thanks..now am having another foolish problem...i am hoping to register my domain name now and as i was skimming through the terms of service found note on a free domain in section 8.2... i only signed up a few days ago although i downloaded the website builder ages ago... is it still possible to get that free domain name after i have signed up or do i need to pay for one now...oh and another thing...what are the voda host packages...???
        thanks

Hi Luke ... no problem is foolish, only us at times, lol

The voda host packages are choices of length of hosting plans. Even with the free web site builder, you still need to register with voda hosting for a hosting account for your website. And you are absolutely right, you do get a free domain name for joining, but not this forum, but for joining voda hosting. The packages can be found at the top of this forum under the link products & prices ... not sure if I am reading right or not, but signing up for this forum and signing up with Voda Host for web hosting are two different things. But, I will tell you, once you hit 500 posts of this forum, Voda Host gives you another reward - another free domain - and there are even more rewards after that ...

This is the place to be!! If you have already registered, just the other day, for your hosting account (and didn't put in a free domain) I'll bet if you contact the nice people at support they might slip you that ... ssshhh though, don't say I said so ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: My Internet Connection

AHHH...so although i have registered for this forum thingy..i still have to register for a voda host web hosting package before i can publish my website on line...gotcha...I hadnt registered the difference...and looking at the page although this is a free forum the web hosting costs something..makes sense....thought this was way to good to be true..wel thanks a lot thats been a great help. since i havent registered for the web hosting thing yet i think i can still get my free domain!!

Comment

Ah and another quick thing...my site is for camel safaris that i run and one of the options that we offer is a compilation safari where people book but if they are willing can leave the safari open so that others can join it. Is it possible to attach a small forum or calender thinger that people can look at and book on. also one that i cna edit on a regular basis!!! i thought the BVAFP thing but i think that it is designed for ppl with slightly more techno knowledge and not exactly what i want. in the TOS i think it says that we are not allowed to host forums and what not but was just wondering if it could be done on a very small scale!!!

Comment

Hiya, there is no problem having a forum. You actually get 2 free ones with the Vodahost package.
              As for the booking part, something like this may help http://www.availcheck.com/
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Welcome Luke ... you'll be joining the best!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

aha..right well thanks chris but now i have another problem!!!......when you are buying a package...like the 12 month annual billing one...at one stage it gives you two options...a) I am a new member and b) send it to my account...or something like that...when i click on b) and i enter my details it says that it doesnt recognise the email or password...however i then went and clicked a) instead and filled in my details and it tells me that that email is already registered with Voda!!!! does that confuse any one else...and is there any way to fix it!!! sorry for beeing a hassle and thanx for the help...

Comment

Seems strange that it see's you as already having a registered account. I am assuming that you don't have a VH account? I would of assumed that you would have had to pass some payment over to be registered with VH. Think the best bet would be to try once more Via the option A if you want the free domain & see if it lets you in. If not, you may have to pop a support ticket in. http://www.vodasupport.com/

Best of luck. It will be worth it!
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I made a bit of a C*** up when registering and went ahead with buying a domain name...so i have gone with option B from the Start....am assuming that you have to pay again if you want another domain hosted!!!! so i could not publish my domain and get a free one at the same time!!! will try send a support card...thatnks

Comment

AHAHAHAHAH...making a fool of myself...found out that you have to use teh VBS details not your VH details when you choose b)...thanks for the help any way...

Comment

Working...
                        X